OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

waterfowl chokes

Started by slicksbeagles1, October 04, 2012, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenheadsonly4848

Hevishot chokes..........there is no substitute

Quote from: TrophyTracker on October 13, 2012, 09:20:28 PM
Before I write my reply, I'd like to be up front and say that I am a member of the Hevi-Shot Pro-Staff. I only want to say that so that it doesn't look like I'm pushing a hidden agenda. I respect all mfgr's products, and believe that they all make quality product, for the most part. Pure Gold, Carlson's, Wad Wizard, etc. All make good tubes worth checking out.

I personally use the Hevi-Shot Extreme Range (ER) tubes in all of my waterfowl guns. I never know how far my shots are going to be, so I lean on the choice that is made to give me the most range. I plan to either hit them Hard at the farther ranges, or hit them Extremely hard up close. The tubes have three wad stripping rings inside of them, much like the Indian Creek tubes do. I have had a lot of success with this tube at a host of yardages, with a lot of different loads.

I have had great success with a factory MOD tube at the ranges specified as well. The Kent #3's are a solid choice in my opinion. Good luck this season, and with your choice  :icon_thumright:

nothingbutlongbeards

I used a Mid Range HS Choke this past weekend and HAMMERED the mallards in Arkansas....NO CRIPPLES