turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Selling the last my Dekes

Started by Jay, May 23, 2013, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Due to not Duck hunting for years, it's time to get rid of these to someone who will use them, probably on craigslist. Just what should I expect to get for 14, I believe Herter 72's bought in early 90's. Included weights/line and bag. Dekes are 7x16 body size. I was thinking $100 for the whole set up?

Hankyorke

They look like 72s. Are the burlapped or just painted foam?
If you'll ship, I might be interested.

Jay

Painted foam, and these suckers aren't light, so probably would be a bit pricey to ship.  Can't believe I carried these in the swamps year ago ;D

Hankyorke

Ha. I hunt over all handcarved birds from cork or wood. These are VERY light comparatively.

chcltlabz

They don't make those anymore, and the going price for them is about 10 bucks a piece.  Check ebay if you think I'm wrong.

Those are some of the best decoys you'll find for durability.  Your grandchildren will hunt over those if they're taken care of at all.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Shack

Hunted over four dozen of these type Herters in the 80's with a great friend at Santee Cooper and we would slay them.  These decoys ride the water well.