OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, 9-4-12

Started by Duke0002, September 03, 2012, 07:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

I'm heading out early Tuesday morning for a quick squirrel hunt, so I'm posting my devotion tonight.

=============

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies" (Psalm 23:5).

When King David gives thanks to the Lord for preparing a table, he's not seeing a family supper table, though he recognizes that meal as an important event.  In ancient Near Eastern cultures, the common meal indicates a covenant.  The "breaking of bread" represents a brotherhood.  In fact, a modern word for friend, "companion" comes from Latin words meaning "to eat bread with."

The most precious shared meal of all is when believers come to the Lord's Supper, the "breaking of bread"  (Acts 2:42).  Here, God's people are given the Bread of Life.  While the family suppertime binds families in love, the Lord's Supper of His body and blood binds us in His love and gives us forgiveness.  He reassures us of the New Testament (Covenant) that He made with us in Jesus Christ.

Even in the presence of enemies, the Lord abides and provides for our spiritual welfare!

-Dale

snoodlum

BOFF

"Even in the presence of enemies, the Lord abides and provides for our spiritual welfare!"

Amen!!

Thanks Dale!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)