turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Grand

Started by allaboutshooting, August 07, 2012, 07:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Tomorrow, August 8th, the largest shooting event in the world will begin in Sparta, Illinois at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex. In the next 10 days, over 100,000 people, including 22,000 shooters, will gather to crown the champion of the trap shooting world.

The "Grand American Trap Shooting Championship" (The Grand) began in 1900 and its home was in Vandalia, Ohio from 1923 until until 2005 when it moved to Sparta, Illinois. Over the years, personalities including Annie Oakley, Roy Rogers and John Philip Sousa have shot at the event.

Due to the generosity of Bill and Lee Ann Martin, who have donated over $250,000 in cash each year for the past several years, shooters will have an opportunity to walk away with a $100,000 cash first prize in addition to thousands of dollars in cash and other prizes over the course of the event.

Over 100 vendors from all over the world will also be present as well as every major gun manufacturer. It's an opportunity to see and try some of the best guns in the world and to purchase anything that you might need for shooting in the coming year. Many gun manufacturers have also selected the Grand to debut their new guns.

There will also be exhibition shooters on hand each day and shows at the grandstand each evening.

If you've not been to the Grand, I'd invite you to come and see some of the best shotgunners in the world and also to shop at over 100 vendor booths.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

WiLL B

I wish I lived closer!! Sound like some fun times!!

captin_hook

I shoot trap twice a week once spring gobbler ends until it gets too cold out some time in November. I've wanted to go to the grand for sometime now. I'll make it there eventually. It's the Nashville nwtf banquet of the trap world.

allaboutshooting

It's really an amazing event. The WSRC has 3.5 miles of trap fields, just one trap field after another. You can have several thousand shooters participating and several thousand spectators and visitors there and it's still not crowded.

I hope you all can come some day.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."