OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

BIG Rattler!!

Started by KYFrid, July 27, 2012, 05:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYFrid

Guy posted this on facebook. Snake was killed in Glen Jean WV. 

redarrow

Bag as an Anaconda.Don't think them snake boots would do any good.

AU coonhunter

Thats a big one, but I doubt it was killed in West Virginia since it is an Eastern Diamondback.

turkey slayer

KYFrid

But it was on facebook. It's gotta be true!  ;D  Thanks Guys!   I know nothing bout them things. Only that they scare the crap outta me!

savduck

Not shot in WV. That guys name is Nick Kearns. He played cornerback for Georgia Southern University from about 1998 to 2001. He won two division 2 championship rings with that team. That snake came from his hunting club in Screven county, just outside Newton, GA. It is not fake but rather the zoom on the camera makes it appear to be bigger. It was a monster of an eastern diamond back. That picture is about 7 years old.
Georgia Boy

sippy cup

i would check that out eastern diamond backs are not native to WV thereis timberrattlers easterns are in south Carolina Georgia and Florida
beware of longdale legend

Sherrell

Quote from: savduck on July 27, 2012, 06:30:26 PM
Not shot in WV. That guys name is Nick Kearns. He played cornerback for Georgia Southern University from about 1998 to 2001. He won two division 2 championship rings with that team. That snake came from his hunting club in Screven county, just outside Newton, GA. It is not fake but rather the zoom on the camera makes it appear to be bigger. It was a monster of an eastern diamond back. That picture is about 7 years old.

If I'm not mistaken it was in the GON years back.we got some nice un's here in Florida and I've found a many while quail huntin'.that is when we had quail of course.

Hognutz

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on July 27, 2012, 06:09:29 PM
The pic is photo shoped, both his hands are at about waist level. his right shoulder should be extended while holding at that level, and that snake would be 10 to 11 ft long. also a eastern doesen't belong in wv. nice try.

Looks like he is using a forked stick or something to hold it up. Not his hands.. Dunno ???
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

stone road turkey calls

your right hognutz, my mistake should have looked closer before i posted sorry. i was bit by a diamond back in 1989 bad, bad, bad.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Seth B

I thought it looks like it could be photo shopped aswell. looks like he is holding it close to the camera and far from his body, making it look bigger than it actualy is. Good trick for all you fisherman out there. Thats a big snake any way you look at it.

BP1992

He was also killed in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and several other states.  That pic has been going around for a while.  It was even in the Georgia Outdoor News magazine (GON).