News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OUTRAGED

Started by tomstopper, July 26, 2012, 08:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksfan

Quote from: 870FaceLift on July 26, 2012, 02:14:52 PM
Easy, ghillie.  If my comments offended your profession, that wasn't my intent.  I'm a hospital director and my wife is a doc.  I work with flat-out awesome providers every day - much respect for what you do.  Unfortunately, though, these problems do exist.  I was simply referring to what I have seen in my career.

My sentiments as well.  No need to take offense as none was intended.  However; you are kidding yourself if you think those things don't happen.  Not lumping all nurses in with them.  That would be foolish to do so.

I am a school teacher.  I don't take offense when one of us gets in trouble doing something inappropriate and makes the news.

lohaus

I would recommend filing a complaint.  I know in the clinic I work in people will complain but then don't file a complaint.  Without documentation, it is hard to get things to change.  As far as druggies, I've seen it in the clinic I work in.  When one of our Doc's retired (didn't get his contract renewed) it was a trickle down effect through everyone else.  It didn't take long for everyone to figure out who the 'Dopeman' was.  Believe me, the other Docs had to deal with the outrage from the other patients for not blanketly prescribing narcotics to patient's they are not familiar with.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: barry on July 26, 2012, 04:22:57 PM
First of all, hope your daughter is feeling better tomstopper.

Here's my gripe about having to wait in ER's for so long, and I've waited as much as 5 hrs to be seen. The majority of the people waiting (patients) are there because they are uninsured and would get turned away at a Doctors office. If it's a legitimate emergency fine, but don't sit there with a case of the damn sniffles while your 3 rugrats run around irritating the hell out of everyone else in the room and expect me to have sympathy for you.

amen
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Neill_Prater

Looks like a simple solution would be for ER's to have an Urgent Care section. If you go in with an emergency, you go into the emergency portion, if not, you get sent to the Urgent Care.