OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

penn state

Started by sippy cup, July 22, 2012, 10:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

I was watching today were they took Joe paws statue down i think its good and the NCAA should strip his wins and bowl wins since the bigging of this started and Penn state should get the death penalty just think they celebrated all those wins knowing thi was going on  :OGturkeyhead:
beware of longdale legend

frank1969

why whats it going to prove. the statue mabey strip them of wins and tne death penalty just hurts the players and students

captin_hook

I'm a PA guy and FORMER PennState fan. The statue had to come down due to the fact that it represents a football coach who was involved in a child molestation cover up. The ncaa is making a ruling today but reports this morning state that the death penalty is unlikely. It will probably be something like they won't be bowl eligible for so many years. This whole thing makes me sick. I just wish paterno could've stayed alive long enough to get prosecuted himself.

Frankinthelaurels

And still a Penn State fan... There's no question that ole' Joe Pa could have and should have done more, reporting the incident to his supervisors was not enough and he should have gone to the state police. One thing not being talked about much nationwide, our present governor Corbet was the attorney general at the time and he in my opinion did nothing either and isn't receiving anything for his in-actions, he knew more about it than most people and also did nothing..he can't use the excuse of the investigation took 14 years!!!!!! Also, most on this site aren't aware of is the disappearance of the county DA from Centre Co who can't be found.. he disappeared and has never been heard or seen from since, I wonder if he isn't tied into this whole nightmare somehow...there's lots of question is unanswered in this shameful event... I predict lots more will come from this terrible crime and cover-up..

Tail Feathers

They slammed P State for sure.
Taking away wins from 98 to now dropped him from top ten winningest coaches.
He let his love of P State football keep him from doing the right thing by those kids and his legacy will certainly pay a price for that.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

captin_hook

Frankinthelaurels, I also think that this investigation is not anywhere near being over. It's just such a mess. As far as being a fan of PSU, I cannot support a organization that had this type of thing going on for so many years with a total cover up from the coaches to the top of the ladder...president of PSU and maybe to the possible link to the missing of the DA.

barry

I'm still shocked that something this horrible could be covered up for such a long period of time.
How could those involved even pretend to have a moral fibre in their soul?
If God would allow me, I would take care of Sandusky's punishment.

Devastator

how did clinton not get impeached? :o

redarrow

Quote from: timb on July 23, 2012, 08:07:50 PM
how did clinton not get impeached? :o

She was over 18.

turkey slayer

yea they got hit hard for sure! but they deserved it

sippy cup

60 mil and no bowls for 4 years plus wins stripped not enough should have gotten DEATH PENALTY :character0029:
beware of longdale legend

turkey slayer

Quote from: sippy cup on July 23, 2012, 09:16:30 PM
60 mil and no bowls for 4 years plus wins stripped not enough should have gotten DEATH PENALTY :character0029:
I think this is going to be pretty close!

captin_hook

Yep turkeyslayer , you're right. It's as close to a death penalty as it can get. Oh well, the organization deserves punishment.

West Augusta

Quote from: sippy cup on July 23, 2012, 09:16:30 PM
In the long run, I think the punishment that they got will be worse than the death penalty.  They may not get back in our life times.

Also glad to see it happen.  Wish Joe was still alive to see his empire come crashing down. All for the lack of one phone call.

From a football forum I belong to.
"They didnt get the death penalty, the quick and decisive end. They got life in prison with no parole instead."
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Jay

One sicko assistant coach, and some administrators should be punished to the full extent of the law. However, the part of this I have an issue with is ALL the players, coaches, students that are paying the price for this, not involved remotely to the scandal.