turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Waterfowers take a look

Started by TrophyTracker, June 21, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrophyTracker

It's always a lose/lose situation on forums when it comes down to being associated with a company. There are those who will have issue with it and those who don't,yet won't say for fear of being unpopular among the crowd. I have been a member of this forum for many years, and know how it goes. I have been associated with EM for a couple of seasons now. Loading down a signature with Pro Staffs certainly does not buy cred. Leaving them out will raise questions in certain situations. People will always think that you are pushing an agenda either way. That's fair enough. Everybody can't be made happy.

One thing I will say is that sales of product do not help nor hinder my status with them in any way. I am provided with more experience with certain products than most, and when asked about it, am afforded the ability to provide input over a range of situations on the subject. In other situations, such as with this load, I am able to share info on it that is available before any other outlets and inform those who are interested in knowing more. I'm not a fan of "Spy Shot" hype. I like what is, and the final product.

I am not one who "Drinks the Kool Aid" and will try and tell everyone that these products are the only way to kill animals. If there is something better out there, all I can do is try and help to develop a product that is better for next year. If people are happy and killing ducks or turkeys with Federal, Winchester, Kent, or any of the other brands, that is ok with me. I am glad they are out there living the dream. I use what works for me, and share my knowledge, and hope that it helps others out there. We are all on the same team as hunters. That's a connection that spans farther than any single factory affiliation. I like to look at pics of dead birds, oldschool guns, kids with their first birds, and other things as much as anybody else. If people don't like the brand I represent, I can respect their opinion. As long as it comes from personal experience, and not from trying to look cool in front of their peers because it's the popular trend at the time. If they have a problem, I will do my best to help them correct it with what resources that I have. The main reason that I got involved in what I do was to help others enjoy their time outdoors. Not to get free stuff, or look cool, or Lord my clout all over others and brow beat them.

I draw the line when accusations of breaking the law, or being unethical come into play. I will be the first to admit that there are some bozos out there, who claim "Pro" status, and abuse the great responsability that has come their way. I would hope that I myself wasn't lumped into that category. I am always available here, or on the EM forum to help in any way that I can.

If I am not welcome here, and it is agreed upon by the majority, then please PM me, and let me know, and I will leave. If you don't have a problem with me, personally, then jump in and lets all chat about killing some birds, or some OG style Bottomland, or whatever else is goin on.

Thank you,
Chad
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Clif Owen

Chad, I'm not sure, but think these guys are lumping you with the other guy in here who vehemently denies any link with EM but spouts on endlessly about them. Personally, I have no dog in this fight. I used to duck hunt some, even tried the old hevi-shot in the kinda clear looking hulls (I won a box as a door prize) and bismuth too. If I decide to hunt waterfowl this season, I may try a box or 2 because I know I won't shoot many.

TrophyTracker

Quote from: Clif Owen on June 23, 2012, 09:00:48 PM
Chad, I'm not sure, but think these guys are lumping you with the other guy in here who vehemently denies any link with EM but spouts on endlessly about them. Personally, I have no dog in this fight. I used to duck hunt some, even tried the old hevi-shot in the kinda clear looking hulls (I won a box as a door prize) and bismuth too. If I decide to hunt waterfowl this season, I may try a box or 2 because I know I won't shoot many.

Cool deal, Clif. I hope you do decide to get out and pound some ducks this year. Those sunrises out there can't be beat!

I have been a member here for many years, and know there have been some people pushing one brand or the other hard. I have learned it's not "What you say, but how you say it". Threads that start out as "Vs." threads, are not the way to go. Treating other members like they just fell off a turnip truck isn't good either. There are a lot of very knowledgable and experienced members here, as well as on other forums. Insulting their intelligence is not a way to win friends or build trust in a brand. I want to go on record as standing on my own, and am not sure who the other guy is you speak of. I hope to help turn a page, and help build a good relationship with everyone here.

Good luck this season, and again, I hope you get out and bust some bills!
New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

TrophyTracker

Thanks for the vote of confidence, John.

I can be found here, on the Hevi Forum, or on the Quaker Boy forum. If anyone has a question or needs help. I will give a firsthand answer, or get it direct from the top as quick as possible if I can't. I am proud to be a part of the EM family, and want everyone who uses Hevi-Shot products to be proud as well, and have total trust in what they are sending out of their guns. I can't change the past, as it was before my time, but the future is wide open.

The next step I would like to see is the Waterfowl Thread returned to the list here. I've just got over my Turkey Blues, and am itching to get the Duck and Goods talk going!  :)

New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

Sherrell

Chad I sure wish you could convince EM to start back producing 3.5" 12 Ga. #6 1 3/4 oz. Hevishot 13.

When I run out of these shells it looks like I will have to go to Nitro Ammunition to load my shells.

TrophyTracker

Quote from: Sherrell on June 24, 2012, 07:50:22 AM
Chad I sure wish you could convince EM to start back producing 3.5" 12 Ga. #6 1 3/4 oz. Hevishot 13.

When I run out of these shells it looks like I will have to go to Nitro Ammunition to load my shells.

I will see to it that this request is put through, and noted. There are some pet loads that people really do miss, and leave no stone unturned or search every shelf at Mom n Pop shops for. When you find one that works, it's hard to see them go
New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

TrophyTracker

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on June 24, 2012, 01:42:07 AM
TT, I have no issue with you or you advertising your product as something new to be looking out for....

What I do have an issue with is it giving the "idea" to some that they will have no range restrictions and yet more sky-busting is the end result....

I don't care what method duck hunters use as long as it's legal.... But I have no use for sky-busters.... and would just as soon piss on them.....

Now if a fellow is that good and he can CONSTANTLY bust a bird at 50 yds when he pulls the trigger, well that is a different situation..... I am referring to the blinds where 1-6-8 guys empty out on a duck(s) and never even draw a feather..... simply because they are trying to shoot past their abilities range..... and most of the time, screws the other blinds in the area over because no the ducks are getting the he11 out of there!!!

I'm with ya on the Sky Busters. They come in so many forms. From the overexcited, to the inexperienced, to the ones with just pure bad range estimation, that it's hard to pick them out of a crowd at the boat ramp, lol. Either way, they bite. Land to hunt is so limited that it is difficult to get away from them. We can only adapt and overcome. For me personally, that's why I started getting more mobile and using the kayak to get in different hot zones as the morning unfolds, and the busters start mixing it up.
New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl

Sherrell

Quote from: TrophyTracker on June 24, 2012, 09:06:29 PM
Quote from: Sherrell on June 24, 2012, 07:50:22 AM

I will see to it that this request is put through, and noted. There are some pet loads that people really do miss, and leave no stone unturned or search every shelf at Mom n Pop shops for. When you find one that works, it's hard to see them go

Thank you sir.

TrophyTracker

New to you, not the game
Beatdown City Fl