turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Illumination in the Flatwoods

Started by HennedUp07, June 20, 2012, 03:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HennedUp07

just an FYI for you readers and seekers of turkey knowledge out there. There is a book written by Joe Hutto titled "Illumination in the Flatwoods." This book may be the best "turkey" book u will ever have read. There is an invaluable amount of things to be taken from this book about the wild turkey that I personally never believed. i.e. the recognition of colors, memory etc. Joe hatches and raises eastern turkey poults and describes his experience throughout. Its amazing.
Hope you guys enjoy!

bird

ccleroy

Out of all the books on Turkey and Turkey hunting this is my favorite by far. Great Read!

captin_hook

HennedUp07

was actually lead to this book by our beloved Colonel Tom Kelly of the Tenth Legion...i believe he said something along the lines of "If you are a turkey hunter and havent read this book, you are missing out." Gotta love the Colonel!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

WiLL B

Gut_Pile

Great book to read. One of my favorites. The hour long video documentary is really good too
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

tomstopper

Turkey Beard

I'm with HennedUp07.  If the Col. recommends it, I take it as an order! lol
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Basin_hunter

Best book I have ever read !  :icon_thumright:
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

wvboy

There is a PBS special on this as well.. for anyone that wants to watch the video..

http://video.pbs.org/video/2168110328

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Sherrell

Got the book when it was first published...It's a book that is hard to lay down.