OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli SBE II 28"  (Read 6411 times)

Offline cordgrass

Benelli SBE II 28"
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
My first testing with the Benelli SBE II 28" barrel
I am waiting on an indian creek BD .665
Also picked up some HEVI-13 #6 will try with both chokes. Will post results later.
The last two shots tested the jellyhead choke with squirrel shot (not good)

Primos jellyhead .660
no wind 80 degrees barrel cleaned after each shot
Results:
yardage   length   shot size   oz load   brand   Hits 10" circle
40   3.5   (5,6,7)   2 1/4   hevi-13                  182
40   3.5   (5,6,7)   2 1/4   hevi-13                  187
40   3.5   6   1 7/8   rem wm HD   98
40   3.5   6   1 7/8   rem wm HD   70
40   3.5   5   2       win supreme    85
40   3.5   6   2       win supreme    77
40   3   6   1 3/4   win supreme    61
30   2 3/4   6   1 1/4   win super x   45
40   2 3/4   6   1 1/4   win super x   17

The two pictures are from the Hev-13 blend
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:55:07 PM by cordgrass »

Offline captin_hook

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Benelli SBE II 28"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
The blend #s are good. Id ditch the turkey targets and shoot at a big piece of cardboard with a small circle in the middle to aim at. Find the most dense part of your pattern and put a 10 inch circle around it. That will give u your true #s on the best part of your pattern. Shooting at those little turkey targets is fun, but the best part of your pattern might be off the paper. Also talk about shooting over 40 yards is not allowed on this forum, just a heads up . Keep us posted when that new choke tube arrives and you pattern it.Good luck with it.

Offline Gadget

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
The blend #s are good. Id ditch the turkey targets and shoot at a big piece of cardboard with a small circle in the middle to aim at. Find the most dense part of your pattern and put a 10 inch circle around it. That will give u your true #s on the best part of your pattern. Shooting at those little turkey targets is fun, but the best part of your pattern might be off the paper. Also talk about shooting over 40 yards is not allowed on this forum, just a heads up . Keep us posted when that new choke tube arrives and you pattern it.Good luck with it.

X2 get you some brown construction paper in the painting section of home depot.

Offline learn2hide

• Check out www.hunterslink.com "The Break TV" on f
    • HuntersLink and The Break
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
if you don't have a target where you can easily tack the paper to keep it from blowing around a piece of posterboard will do and give you an idea of the overall pattern. you can even put your turkey target on it for shooting but peel it off and look at the whole pattern for evaluation.  Looks like the magblend has a shot to be good with the Jellyhead, even though the Indian Creek didn't end up being my top choice they are a great choke with good customer service...good luck
 :welcomeOG:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Offline allaboutshooting

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
    • allaboutshooting
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
I have that same barrel for my SBE (same i.d. as the SBEII) and I'm sure you'll find the correct combination of choke and shell for it. When you do, it's truly a patterning machine. Your time at the range will yield big dividends.

I'm sure you've "deep cleaned" your bore. They can look really clean due to the chrome plating, when in fact they have a lot of plastic and "gunk" in them. In all my Benelli barrels, a good cleaning really helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Offline cordgrass

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 06:10:22 PM »
I have that same barrel for my SBE (same i.d. as the SBEII) and I'm sure you'll find the correct combination of choke and shell for it. When you do, it's truly a patterning machine. Your time at the range will yield big dividends.

I'm sure you've "deep cleaned" your bore. They can look really clean due to the chrome plating, when in fact they have a lot of plastic and "gunk" in them. In all my Benelli barrels, a good cleaning really helps.

Thanks,
Clark
What are you using to clean the barrel?

Offline allaboutshooting

• In Memorial
  • Long Spur Gobbler
    • allaboutshooting
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

Thanks,
Clark
What are you using to clean the barrel?

If you will click on this link, it will take you to the process that I use and recommend.

http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282

It's simple but if you'll follow the guidelines, I know you'll see positive results.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."