OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

After 16 years of using tube calls...

Started by barry, June 05, 2012, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

I'm gonna try to learn how to run a trumpet.
After talking with a few fellas on here and listening to some sound files and videos, it sounds like it would be the perfect compliment to my new oldgobbler push pin and my old tube calls. Plus, from what I gather, it seems to be a turkey favorite.
So...hopefully this old dog can learn a new trick.

Anyone else gonna try to add another call to their arsenal before next season?

Flydown

I practiced on my trumpet for a few years and finally tried it out last Fall. This dude couldnt resist it! ;D

Crawdad

This is my first attempt at the trumpets, & I must say, I really enjoy making them & they sound great.

savduck

Flydown. That looks like a Cox. Nice call.

Nice hooks.

Barry, trumpets are sweet. I killed a few this year that I know werent budging without using the trumpet. These three couldnt stand an Olive wood Buice.

Georgia Boy

guesswho

I got one from Mike Williams and toted it for the first time last season (2011).   Two weeks into the season I seemed to have hit the right note a time or two.   I still need to practice though.   Barry, the right Trumpet should compliment your tube calls just fine.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

savduck

Quote from: guesswho on June 05, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
I got one from MKW and toted it for the first time last season (2011).   I guess I hit the right note a time or two.   I still need to practice though.   Barry, the right Trumpet should compliment your tube calls just fine.

I got to run an MKW earlier this season. I like em. Next one on my hit list when I can squirrel some money away.
Georgia Boy

vaturkey

Vaturkey

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

HARDCORE

Quote from: Flydown on June 05, 2012, 06:56:48 PM
I practiced on my trumpet for a few years and finally tried it out last Fall. This dude couldnt resist it! ;D

Chris, eye remember that fall afternoon like it was only yesterday, never will I forget it.

HC

Houndstooth Game Calls

Trumpets do not work!!!! I repeat they do not work! :goofball:!!

West Augusta

I took two this year with a trumpet.  

I have one tube call and another on order.  I plan on learning to use them for next year.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

barry

Quote from: guesswho on June 05, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
I got one from MKW and toted it for the first time last season (2011).   Two weeks into the season I seemed to have hit the right note a time or two.   I still need to practice though.   Barry, the right Trumpet should compliment your tube calls just fine.

That's only 2 weeks into the season???  :o WOW!

Gut_Pile

They don't work at all. Turkeys usually run from them in my experience.
Proud Member of The Tenth Legion Since 2004

guesswho

Quote from: barry on June 06, 2012, 01:55:51 PM
That's only 2 weeks into the season???  :o WOW!
Yep, but keep in mind I hunt both Ga/Al, and I wasn't the trigger man each time, but did do the calling/positioning.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ccleroy

I wish I would have never bought one....it's an addiction in itself.