OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do i have this bird mounted or not

Started by kansas hooks, May 31, 2012, 06:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publicland

kansas hooks

hey guys thanks for the help.  I think i am going to take it to a taxidermist.  Hey turkey beard i sent you a message for the link to your taxidermist.  Its not every day you shoot a bird that big. 

TauntoHawk

I was actually hoping to shoot a big bird this year to take to the taxi because I really one one mounted but never got the chance on any giants, oh well saved me enough money to think about a new turkey gun

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turkey Beard

Message back at you.  I'd post the link here but am unsure of the regulations.  I will say that, with twins on the way in September, I'd sure like to keep that boy busy!  ;D
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

Tuttle

I say go for it!!  I killed a bird a few years ago that weighed 24 pounds and had 5 beards, I didn't mount it because it's spurs were only an inch.  Regretted it since!  I'll never get another bird with 5 beards.

Rio Fan

I can guarantee you that if I ever shoot a bird with those size spurs and beard, I'm definitely taking it to a taxidermist.  Congrats on an incredible bird!

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: guesswho on May 31, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
Why worry with others opinions.  If you think he's worthy of a mount go for it, you won't regret it.

Congrats on a good'un!
x2 any thing that a person wants to mount is a trophy ... no matter how long the spurs or the beard....

CallDr

www.wildtalker.com

Scout24

Do you really expect to shoot one bigger? Of course you should mount it!

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

HartClemson99

1 3/4" spurs is like a 190" whitetail.  No doubt I would mount him.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

kansas hooks

Well i took him to the taxidermist on Saturday and he told me he had never seen one with hooks like that.  I debated on how to have him done and decided to so him in a 3/4 strut gobbling.  The taxidermist had one that he did on another bird and it was awesome looking, so thats why i decided on that pose.  It will show his beard and hooks well.  He told me probably around January is when he thought it would be ready.  Will take pics then and put them on here. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on May 31, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
Why worry with others opinions.  If you think he's worthy of a mount go for it, you won't regret it.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
That's a heck of a bird!! Post up your address so I can come kick you in the butt if you don't get him mounted!!! :lol: ;D

surehuntsalot

yes,I would have a bird of that size mounted
it's not the harvest,it's the chase