turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unusual color phase

Started by barry, May 28, 2012, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Saw this pic on facebook in a hunting article, never seen one like this.

redarrow

troutfisher13111

Wow, amazing! I wonder sometimes if some of these white birds have domestic blood in them.

Tail Feathers

That would be a once in a lifetime trophy!  Plumb purty... :happy0064:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TRKYHTR

Quote from: 2ounce6s on May 28, 2012, 04:51:01 PM
It would be a shame if he doesn't do a full body mount with it.  :TooFunny:
Sorry I had to laugh when I read this. LOL

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Strut Buster

Ethics & Respect First

stinkpickle

Quote from: 2ounce6s on May 28, 2012, 04:51:01 PM
It would be a shame if he doesn't do a full body mount with it.  :TooFunny:

:TooFunny:

Skeeterbait

It may be a wild bird, it may be a feral bird, however it does look a lot like a Royal Palm domestic turkey.

guesswho

For $500 I'll take you to s spot and guarantee you a shot at one that looks like that.  Heck, I'll guarantee you as many shots as it takes for you to kill one, even with a bow.  And I'm pretty sure you can shoot them all year long with no license required.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

blackmagic

Quote from: guesswho on May 28, 2012, 07:09:09 PM
For $500 I'll take you to s spot and guarantee you a shot at one that looks like that.  Heck, I'll guarantee you as many shots as it takes for you to kill one, even with a bow.  And I'm pretty sure you can shoot them all year long with no license required.

That's alot cheaper than hiring a outfitter to shoot an Osceola. 

ccleroy

Quote from: guesswho on May 28, 2012, 07:09:09 PM

Ronnie I'll take 2!!! But I want your mom calling for me......bwahahahahaha

Ryan T

The bird I saw wasn't that extreme and had more of a "smoke" phase to it, but I saw an absolute hammer in my taxidermist shop a month ago.  A guy that has hunted Mark Twain for 21 years straight killed him there.  Said he was deeper in the forest than he had ever been due to such a decrease in birds/gobbling over the years.  Said he sat down for a rest at 9am, and heard this bird at 9:30 and called him up.  The bird had needle 1 2/8" spurs and a friggin'  11" PAINT brush... He was my dream turkey and I never took a picture of the dang thing...  ???

mikejd

The farmer is going to be pissed when he finds out his bird is gone. they usually walk around in the front yards.

duxrus

That is 100% Royal Palm  :z-winnersmiley:

I mounted one for a customer a few years back and actually knew where he killed it........a few hundred yards from a barn yard.  :funnyturkey:

decoykrvr

Without a doubt a "Royal Palm".  Wild birds exhibiting either albinism or erythrism do not have the symmetrical tail fan barring which this bird has and is a characteristic of the "Royal Palm".