turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Update On S.O.C.K. Drive.

Started by redarrow, May 28, 2012, 01:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Awhile back I posted about Project S.O.C.K. Showing Our Christian Kindness. i started a sock drive at my church to provide socks for our Veterans at the Ann Arbor Veterans Hospital in S.E. Michigan.The driving force behind this was a comment made to me by a nurse at U of M Hospital.After my accident where my clothing and one boot had to be cut off I was given a bag upon my release that contained one boot. I asked rather sarcastically, what am I suppose to do with one boot ? She looked me in the eye and said " Give it to the Veterans Hospital " Wow. I was deeply humbled. Well I am proud to tell you that this past week in honor of Memorial day I was able to deliver 170 pairs of brand new white socks to these awesome heroes. When I spoke of this project at church a lady in my congregation with one leg offered me 8 brand new shoes that she had no use for.Humbled again. I will be doing this again in Sept. in time for Veterans day. God Bless them,one and all. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

barry

We often forget how little things like socks can mean so much.
Job well done!

tomstopper

As a veteran, I say thank you and God bless. Little things mean so much.

gobbler74

That's awesome supporting the vets. Hats off to you.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"