Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A different kind of catfishing (hand grabbing)

Started by Preacher, May 25, 2012, 11:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

I had tried it before and had done OK at it,  but since my melt down during a MRI, ( an overwhelming case of claustrophobia)  I was not near as good at it as the fellows I went with.   I did mange to catch one and did a lot toward a second one.   I just had a problem with sticking my arm in a hole underwater.   I kept thinking I would get hung-up underwater..

Romans 8:37

redarrow

TRKYHTR

Woo hoo. Sounds like alot of fun. Thats on my bucket list. Love the hat. Great cats. Your a good looking man!!!!LOL

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

WyoHunter

Quote from: redarrow on May 25, 2012, 11:53:16 PM
You got more nerve than I do Robin.
X2......... All I would think about would be grabbing onto something other than a catfish!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

TnTurk

Preacher, that's some good lookin fish. I'll bet y'all had a great time landing those fish. I've been there and done that many times on those oxbow lakes off the MS river when I was younger. You sure can put a lot of fish in a boat in one afternoon if you know what your doing. It's kind of scary at first knowing a big cat's in one of them holes or pipes, but eventually anticipation overrides the fear. 

stone road turkey calls

I grab all my catfish by hand, one at a time at the all you can eat fish house. nice fish looks like fun.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

drenalinld

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 26, 2012, 12:15:48 AM
Woo hoo. Sounds like alot of fun. Thats on my bucket list. Love the hat. Great cats. Your a good looking man!!!!LOL

TRKYHTR

Haha.  I'm sure you get tired of modeling offers. Nice fish!

vaturkey

Nice cat's Robin ! I've seen numerous pics of you this week on the river, riding in the boat, holding up big cat's, but I ain't seen the first fishing pole yet. Enjoy the fish fry !   :icon_thumright:

Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Flydown

Tail Feathers

I'll do that when snapping turtles, alligators and water mocassins are extinct! :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

kyduck1

Lots of people in KY do it....we call it noodling!!  I am not one of those people---I can just imagine a big snapping turtle taking off one of my fingers!!  But best of luck to ya!!

catdaddy

Good pics Robin--some real nice uns!!!  I did some hand grabbing as a kid with my dad, but not since then.

marshboy

I'm not claustrophobic, but it gives me the chills thinking about sticking my arm into one of those holes.  You're braver than I am!
Greg

Eric Gregg

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on May 26, 2012, 02:19:53 AM
I grab all my catfish by hand, one at a time at the all you can eat fish house. nice fish looks like fun.
:agreed:

Sand Man

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!