OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kimber Montana?

Started by Deputy 14, May 24, 2012, 03:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Going to buy a new rifle before this fall and have almost decided on the Montana due to the weight and Kimber reputation. However, I have no experience with these guns and need any input you guys can give. How weather resistant is the finish, accuracy, overall quality, etc. Thanks in advance.

870FaceLift

My cousin in KY has a Montana in .308 and loves it.  I believe his has a satin finish and gray stock.  Nice feel and light.  He's had it for a while and has put many rounds through it.  It's one of his favorite rifles for sure.  He's never said anything negative about it.

I don't have much use for a big game rifle in ohio, aside from a .223 for coyotes.  I don't gun hunt deer and couldn't use a rifle here if I did.  As for the Kimber brand though, I carry a 1911 Pro Raptor everyday.  I've never had any feeding issues or anything happen that would deter me from getting one all over again - except maybe price!  Three other guys in my family also carry Kimbers everyday and two of them are deputies.  Hope this helps!
Pass it on...