OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ok boys....lets police our picture thread

Started by savduck, May 21, 2012, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

OG made a post on main contest page that there were some PMs going on about bad pictures on all teams. I think we have a few that are questionable but to me no better or worse than other teams. Most of the issues are of beards not showing the skin. Let's police our pictures and make sure we got what we need. Everybody check your scoring bird. If you think your picture is questionable and you have a back up pictures...let's get em up.

I think many teams are dealing with this, but I'd hate to lose a couple spots do to bad pictures. You guys battled and I want to see you at the top
Georgia Boy

BC

It's a damn shame that grown men can't stop acting like 3 year old  little girls with poopie diapers over a contest that's just for fun.

::) ::)

Old Gobbler

Got to have good pictures , the better the pictures the better the chance of winning , each year the front runners in the contest are always the teams with good participation combined with good record keeping  --
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BC

I understand why the rules are like they are. It doesnt mean I agree with them all but I fully understand the position that the admin are in. My view is that if someone wants to cheat then he's going to cheat. I personally could have took a pic with a 70 pt bird that my friend killed but I didnt because thats not how I roll. At one time this season I was asked to go on a hunt by a friend. I couldnt go and he wound up killing a bird that scored 154 points because it had 6 beards. There was nothing to stop me from snapping a few pics and posting them here, had I been present. So if someone is going to cheat they arent going to let a few nitpicky pics stand in their way. This is supposed to be fun and its supposed to be a turkey contest. Not a photography contest.

Not a flame just respectfully giving my opinion.

P.S. For those of you policing kill threads and blowing up bird and Shannons PM box about pictures, you  really need to grow up and act like adults.

savduck

Hey BC, I wouldn't sweat it. Y'all are solidly in the lead. After I saw OGs post I started looking at everyones pictures. To me every team has a few questionable birds, so I don't see the top three changing. Even if we all drop, the teams under us all lose ground to and the order will probably stay about the same.

This post was just a reminder to my guys, that part of this contest is to take good pics. I want them to police themselves and make sure we don't screw ourselves out of third place, especially if they have better pictures and didn't post them up.

I can tell you, OG didnt get a PM from me. We knew we were killers and our shotguns would do the talking. Team Alabama set the pace, and we did our best to keep up with y'all until the end. Then the Witch doctors snuck in there with a strong finish and bumped us out of second.If it means anything, Our team knows who the killers are, as evidenced by the number of kills...not just the best 9 birds put up by you guys and Witch doctors...we know who we got to gun for next year. We were one upgrade away from making y'all sweat.
Georgia Boy

truedouble

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on May 21, 2012, 10:02:11 PM
Quote from: BC on May 21, 2012, 08:44:31 PM
It's a damn shame that grown men can't stop acting like 3 year old  little girls with poopie diapers over a contest that's just for fun.

::) ::)

Here is my opinion and mine only, for what it's worth......don't take it personal... others may differ.

I would hope most if not everyone could be trusted that's playing the contest, after all, it is just for fun and most if not all are adults. There is a difference between a true double beard and a split beard (sharing the same protrusion through the skin). Anyone wanting to make a better score to help the team have an edge, could poke a beard from another past bird and say it was a multi-bearded bird. The "seperation" picture keeps everyone honest..... picture proof so to speak.

A few incidents last year arose and good, clear pics played a big part in judging them as true multi-beards or split beards.

What keeps someone from taking pictures of a friend's bird and claiming it's one they killed to give their team an edge?  Cheaters will find a way to cheat but since money isn't involved if it were up to me, which it's not I would have to assume that all the participants are a honest bunch and not critique the pics.  I just think it's a shame, regardless of team or participant, for someone to kill a trophy gobbler, take good pics but have the bird thrown out just b/c the skin was not showing.  I killed two birds this year by myself with no one else at the farm and I was there for another two days, so I had to take the pics by myself.  It was difficult to say the least.  If you can't trust people in a just for fun turkey contest then why even have it.  Just my opinion...

drenalinld

However it falls, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Team AL and Witch Dr's on an awesome season! You guys were layin em' down! 

2Beards

For a "Just for fun contest" this one has been a little more nit pickey to say the least but with that being said it's fun competing against turkey slayers from across the country!

Thanks and congrats to yall on one heck of a season1