turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

camo dipping?

Started by chbarnha, May 16, 2012, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

Hey fellas, im looking for somewhere close to the house to get a 870 Camo Dipped. I live in williamsburg va, and didnt know if any of you guys had used anyone close to here. All the ones i can find on the internet are out of state, and i am trying to avoid shipping my gun if at all possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

CASH

Here's an alternative. It'll save you $100+, it's DIY, and accomplishes the same thing. A few members here have used this product and have told me nothing but good things.

http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/shotgun-rifle-mossy-oakr-camo-gun-kit-903.html
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

870BkWht

CASH,  have you used this camo skin product before?  Also do you still wipe your gun down after hunting to prevent rust?  I usually wipe my guns down with an old sock with Rem Oil or Birchwood Casey Sheath on the sock.  I was curious if you put the skin on your gun, would you still wipe them down?

mossyoakpro

Quote from: chbarnha on May 16, 2012, 03:24:53 AM
Hey fellas, im looking for somewhere close to the house to get a 870 Camo Dipped. I live in williamsburg va, and didnt know if any of you guys had used anyone close to here. All the ones i can find on the internet are out of state, and i am trying to avoid shipping my gun if at all possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try Hidden by Design in Claudeville, VA.  Great guy and great work!!

https://www.hiddenbydesign.com/

Give them a call....you will not be disappointed in their work.
Phillippians 4:13

Skeeterbait

Don't wipe oil on your camo finish when you get it done.  It serves no purpose and just makes the camo finish shine.  Under the dipped finish is a layer of paint that seals the gun surface.  It's not going to rust.

CASH

Quote from: 870BkWht on May 16, 2012, 08:21:44 PM
CASH,  have you used this camo skin product before?  Also do you still wipe your gun down after hunting to prevent rust?  I usually wipe my guns down with an old sock with Rem Oil or Birchwood Casey Sheath on the sock.  I was curious if you put the skin on your gun, would you still wipe them down?

No I have not.  I've got one ordered and on the way.  Hardcore and Flydown have used it and love it.  Once it's on the gun you do not have to wipe the exterior down with anything to prevent rust.  If you do, whatever you use will most likely destroy the camo wrap
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bigredneck61088

Check out duckhuntingchat.com and search there, those guys have alot of discussions on gun dipping/quality of each. And you know how hard them waterfowlers use their guns. I am most likely going to send my SX2 to colorandcamo.com for a Max1 camo job in the next few months and have read good things about them, along with camosolutions.com

ccleroy

My good friend has just started up his dipping business and does the best work I have seen. Give him a shout or check out his website. Hes a great guy that takes pride in his work. He has my SBE right now and I will pot pics when I get it back.

Here's his website.

www.tntcustomcamo.com

Tell him Ricky sent you.