turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help please! Nuisance whippoorwill

Started by drenalinld, May 14, 2012, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

I have become arch enemies with a whippoorwill in the last two weeks. I have at least a half dozen whippoorwills on my place that sing all night long. I rather enjoy hearing them at a distance, but when they get too close when you are trying to hear a turkey or trying to sleep it can cause a man to go crazy!!! One particular bird has began spending most of his night every night sitting in my wife's flower bed about six feet from my bedroom window and calling for hours on end. Between the phone calls I get from work every night, a one-year old and a four-year old that do not sleep well coupled with the endless "whip-poor-will" at an uncanny volume, my wife and I are getting no sleep.

Does anyone know a way to deter/discourage this bird from roosting there? I can run it off and it will be right back before the garage door closes. Any suggestions????

busta biggun

I read that the only thing that shuts them up is light. So maybe putting up some yard lights would help.

barry

Maybe one of those solar lights that stick in the ground

BC

A 2 3/4 in dove load will work perfectly.

Skeeterbait

Hmmm.... that is a serious situation.  Sounds like a new suppressed 22 cal AR platform with infrared night vision scope and infrared illuminator with laser backup sighting is needed.

If the wife won't go for that you can always turn a sprinkler on him.

vaturkey

Hey David

Chaz Bono did a dance on dancing with the stars & it was called THE WHIPPORWILL. I'm pretty sure if you call him / her you could get your problem solved.

Good Luck & Sleep Tight !     :funnyturkey:

vaturkey     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

redarrow

Quote from: vaturkey on May 14, 2012, 04:01:04 PM

Hey David

Chaz Bono did a dance on dancing with the stars & it was called THE WHIPPORWILL. I'm pretty sure if you call him / her you could get your problem solved.

Good Luck & Sleep Tight !     :funnyturkey:

vaturkey     :newmascot:

Change Boner !????

savduck

A kitty cat with collar and chained.
Georgia Boy

remmy1187

Hevi-shot has a new load out called dead whipporwill!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Pellet gun if the light option is impractical.

drenalinld

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on May 14, 2012, 06:46:27 PM
Pellet gun if the light option is impractical.

I have missed twice with a pellet gun at 30-40 yards when he flew up in a tree shooting off-hand holding the light and forearm in the same hand. I am deadly on skunks, possums, and coons this way. Since the misses he has not landed there again as I was toting 12 ga!

drenalinld

Clif Owen

Hmmm...thinking I know how that ended....

Shotgun

Lets see some pics  ;D  Im not sure I have ever seen a whipporwill  :-\

drenalinld

No pics. They are protected song birds. I just scared him away for a really LONG time.