OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Warrior Down!!!

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 12, 2012, 05:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on May 14, 2012, 01:42:19 PM
Update:

Just got off of the phone with the lady from Penn State. My gobbler had 30 mm spurs (1 3/16") and had a little over a 10" beard when banded in February of 2007. Based on this, she said that he was probably 8 years old and is now the oldest reported bird in the banding study!!!

That is awesome!  Congratulations on a true trophy!!!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter-b

Update:

Just got off of the phone with the lady from Penn State. My gobbler had 30 mm spurs (1 3/16") and had a little over a 10" beard when banded in February of 2007. Based on this, she said that he was probably 8 years old and is now the oldest reported bird in the banding study!!!

Thats cool

dirt road ninja

That's an old bird! Did you go back and look at any of trail camera pic to see if you had him on camera? I'll bet you've got a picture of him.

weave

Update:

Dude that is just cool as hell

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

WNY Bowhunter

Quote from: dirt road ninja on May 14, 2012, 03:09:40 PM
That's an old bird! Did you go back and look at any of trail camera pic to see if you had him on camera? I'll bet you've got a picture of him.

Nope, no pics of him.  I don't deer hunt or have trail cams within a couple of miles of the farm where I killed this bird.
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

boomer

Congrats sounds like an awesome bird. Never seen a banded turkey before.