News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My first bird!

Started by scdigger, May 10, 2012, 02:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdigger

Hey guys,

I posted an intro message in the Welcome forum, but wanted to share my first bird with the general discussion group...brother finally got me down to the low-country (Estill) for my first hunt and I got my first bird all in the same weekend...I'm spoiled and have to wait a whole year to get out again...need to find somewhere in upstate SC.

19 lbs., 9 1/2" beard, 1 1/2 spurs. My brother is working on a fan mount for me.

Greg

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

captin_hook

Congrats. Welcome to the addiction.

Mike Honcho

Congratulations on your first bird...kudos to your brother for taking you!   I wish I could hunt with my bro...he lives in AZ and doesn't get back to Kansas very often.

beagler

Never Misses

joshua

Welcome fellow upstater to OG and congrats on the first one. The rollercoaster ride will be worth the wait for the next 11 months.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

WildTigerTrout

Welcome to the OG and congrats on your first gobbler. A nice one too. 8)
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

davisd9

Congratulations on a great bird!  From one South Carolinian to another, WELCOME!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

CASH

Congrats and welcome to the Affliction!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

redrivergar

Congrats and welcome. I don't know about your state but here in the Championship state we have a fall season too, then you only have to wait 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeWayne Knight

Congratulations on your bird!  Sounds like a nice one to start out with!

barry

Quote from: slickyboyboo on May 10, 2012, 04:30:59 PM
Welcome to OG, and Congrats on your first bird, you are hooked for life now!

And Holy Underwear Batman, you set the bar high for your first bird with 1.5" hooks!

slicky beat me to it. You set the bar high indeed!
Congrats!

hookedspur

Congrats on your first ,may there be many more !!! :newmascot:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tail Feathers

Congrats on a fine bird!

Welcome to OG. :welcomeOG:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!