turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

IOWA Monster

Started by ghillie, May 08, 2012, 11:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Been chasin this boss for weeks now...has been a rough season with wild weather, tresspassers, poachers, mushroom hunters slicing all 4 of my tires at once after getting thrown off land they were tresspassing on.  Almost got shot as a tresspasser shot a bird right above me on top of the hill...spraying me with pellets and then to stick a wing feather under my wiper blade just to rub it in more....needless to say...I earned this bird!!

Put him to bed last night with his twin down at the bottom of the corn field over the creek.  Slipped this this morning at 5, set out Clementine and Pretty Peggy-O at the top of the hill.  Had my homemade ghillie suit on and was laying in the open in the corn field with the girls behind and to my left.  After running off the cattle for slobbering all over the girls, the boys woke up and were on fire on the roost.  I let out some soft clucks so they could get my fix.  Heard them fly down and did some more clucks then went silent, they gobbled all the way up the hill, doubles and triple gobbles!!  When the boss put eyes on the girls it was a flat out sprint to about 30 yards.  Started to strut again, drum and spit as well as thunderous gobbling!!  I made a slight move to get his head up and it was UH-OH...Spagetti O's!!!!  Hammer down and a dirt nap for him...rode home in the truck...

28 lb 4 oz
10 1/4 beard
LT spur  1 and 3/8"  that was broken
RT spur  1 and 9/16"

scored 78.275!!

barry

That is a STUD!!! Congrats!

stinkpickle

joshua

Congrats Steve. Don't count the champs out yet boys.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Wow!  A turkasaurus, and a great story of perseverance and tactics.

Flydown

Very Nice! Sounds like an adventuress year! Congrats on that STUD!

tomstopper

Congrats. That bird truly is a monster.

honker22

Gigantic Bird!  congrats
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vicksburg

Gobblazilla! Congrats!
]

bird

Outfreaking Standing Steve.  Kudos on the Hoss and way to try something different with the setup!

Congrats on such a fine bird my friend.

Al

captin_hook

Wow! That's a awsome bird.

vaturkey

Congrats ! Awesome Gobbler !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Hognutz

Way to go, Ghillie!! That is outrageous.. What a gobbler.. Congrats...Yowsa!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

beagler

Never Misses

TRKYHTR

Great Turkey. Congrats and way to stick with it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck