OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public land PA gobbler down!

Started by Ruger M77, May 05, 2012, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruger M77

Got this one this morning on public land in schuylkill county I swear these are the toughest turkeys in PA lots of huntin pressure round here. Its a 2yr old 9 3/8'' beard 3/4'' spurs only 15lb lightest gobbler I ever shot. Didn't here a thing this morning but I did alot of scouting before the season and knew where they'd be. He never made a peep I was cuttin at him tryin to get him to gobble but he just half strutted and looked shotem at 30yds
I eat therefore I hunt

bigdan29299

congrats on the nice tom, sure are shotting alot of birds here in Schuylkill county this year.

Dan

M,Yingling

Nice bird congrats ,,,, Them public birds are tuff 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Grunt-N-Gobble

cannonball

WildTigerTrout

Congrats. Public land gobblers here in Pa. can be very tough. Bagging one on public property IMO just adds to the sense of accomplishment. Great job.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a nice public land gobbler!!

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

captin_hook

Pa public land bird:: great accomplishment!

Ol'Mossy

Congrats!! Not much gobbling in this area this past week on public land, called in a Jake and a hen yesterday just sitting and calling

J Hook

Congratulations on the Trophy! Those Pa birds can be down right difficult at time's!

schuylkillspur

Nice Gobbler and your right I hunt Pa birds are tough, thats why I hunt out west  :agreed:
I shot a bird in Schuylkill co that was 15lbs 9oz and I heard of a few more that were in the 15 to 16 pound range wonder why?
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

tjh24

Great Job!  I agree, these PA public land birds are tough!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

MossbergMike

Nice bird public birds are much harder to kill than private thats for sure. Way to go.