turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My six year old got his first turkey

Started by shootemintheface, April 25, 2012, 10:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootemintheface

My six year old got his first turkey this afternoon.  After a 12 yard miss on the juvenile hunt, a 19 yard miss yesterday, and a blown opportunity at 15 yards on a double bearded tom first thing this afternoon. We were walking on our way out with our heads down and very depressed and seen this strutter with two hens. We were able to get him to leave his hens and he took the shot at about 15 yards.

jellyhead48

Absolutely Awesome.  he will be hooked from now on!

longbeard95

bird

TRKYHTR

It doesn't get any better than that.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper

Congrats. What a happy and proud young man.

dadsahuntin

Teaching him to be peresistent. Congrats to you and your boy.
Sit and Wait?......Run and Gun?.....Box Call?....Slate Call?....Diaphram?.....Camo Pattern?.....Blind no Blind?....This gun that gun?....No 4,5,6?...Right answers gets you:Which one has the bigger beard?!!!!

intherut

Love gettin the youngins out there. Great job!

870supermagnum

Congrats on getting a nice bird and for training you son to hunt.

guesswho

Thats great!  I hope thats the first of many.  Good job by you and him :icon_thumright:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dirt road ninja

fsu33952

That is awesome! There are lots of things that I can not remember growing up but I can remember like it was yesterday being in the woods hunting with my Dad. Your boy should be hooked for life now. I believe in my heart that had I not loved to hunt and be in the woods with my Dad that I would have probably ended up in lots of trouble growing up. When I got older and all my friends were loafing and hanging out I was in the woods hunting. Great job!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Awesome.  Simply awesome!

Congrats to both of you!

remmy1187

Congrats fellas!!!  I would say the smile says it all, way to keep after them, persistence,persistence, persistence.    :icon_thumright:

Hognutz

Congrats to the both of you. That is really what it is all about.. He is a very lucky young man, to have a father that makes stuff like this happen..Nicely done!!  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.