OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

creek obstruction

Started by turkeynewb, April 21, 2012, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

just keep trying, saturday I couldnt get a bird to cross an open field, sunday I got one in the same area to cross a creek, country road, and 2 stone walls in about 10min.

on a good day nothing will stop him from getting to you.. on a bad one anything and everything will
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jakebird

I once had a bird hang up at a shallow dry creekbed  presumably because of the loose, baseball sized rocks would make tough walking. We once i realized what was happening, we slipped around to his side, got above him, called once and he came in on a string. They can be amazingly fickle critters.  :)
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

renegade19

I hunt some private land birds on a small farm that cross a creek almost every day by choice.  It's pretty decent size.  When they do cross, they almost always use the same spot coming and going.  That being said, I always try to avoid calling them across any obstructions if I can.  The one you're talking about I wouldn't even consider as an obstruction.  How's that for a vague and non-answer answer?  Good luck!

mdtkyhntr

It takes a lonely gobbler and a good deal of patience. I didn't have either when they flew off the roost across the creek this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk