OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Appetizer Recipe

Started by Turkey Havoc, April 20, 2012, 03:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Havoc

Jalapeno peppers, cream cheese, bacon.

Cut Jalapeno peppers in half, and get all of the seeds out.
Fill pepper with cream cheese, and wrap bacon around from top to bottom. I usually cut my bacon strips in half.
Bake at 375 until bacon is done.

For 12 peppers (depending on the size) I will use 1 ea, 8 oz package of cream cheese. I usually wear a pair of latex gloves when doing this to avoid burning other parts of my body after handling the peppers.

When we have these at my house, depending on what else is being cooked, there are times when nobody wants the main course because these are so good.

Enjoy,
Stephen
Stephen H Spraberry

JnL

I never even thought about wrapping them in bacon.  It really does make everything taste better!  Thanks for sharing!

J-Shaped

Here's some appetizers I did over the weekend with a similar recipe, only using turkey.

Rather than using the pepper as the vessel to hold everything I just cut the breast into strips, marinated them overnight, seasoned them, and then added a square of cream cheese, a jalapeno slice (from a jar) and wrapped in bacon. I cooked them on indirect heat at 250 degrees for an hour and then cranked the heat up to 400 for the last 15 minutes to crisp the bacon a little.

I've also done the same method as mentioned in the original post, adding a cocktail smoked sausage to the pepper. Either way is delicious.

There were no complaints around the table that night  ;D

Turkey Havoc

Boy J-Shaped that does sound good, I will have to try those out. Thanks for the add-ons.
Stephen H Spraberry

tomstopper

:z-winnersmiley: Thank you. I made these this weekend and it was a hit. My seven year old daughter loved them so much that I finally had to put them up (they weren't spicy but I was worried that they might be for her when they exit).