turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 difficulty in ejecting fired 3.5" Hevi 13

Started by Mike Honcho, April 18, 2012, 12:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Send the gun back to Mossberg.  Your problem will then be solved. 

lowoctane

Or that! Seems like it's morecommon than it should be. Never have had an issue with my 870's.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

dvdegeorge

My 835 did the same thing yesterday with 3 1/2 Mag Blend Hevi 13...it's ashame cause it patterned so well with my star dot choke...Win HV 3 1/2" 5's, Fed premium 3 1/2" 5's and Federal Heaveyweights all eject perfectly...gonna just keep on shooting the Win HV 3 1/2" 5's as they pattern very well and have taken birds longer than I'll mention here without a problem...wasted $45 trying to fix something that didn't need fixing Win HV #5's it will continue to be for me

Widowmaker

I bought a new 835 several years ago. I took it home and cleaned it, put a 3" turkey load in, fired it, and ejected it. I had never shot a 3.5" shell, so I slipped one in, fired it, and could not eject it without hitting the buttstock on the ground. I put another 3" in, and fired and ejected it. Put another 3.5" in and it still would not eject. I shot 3" turkey loads that season. After the season, I sent it back to mossberg. I got it back a few weeks later with a letter stating that they could not find anything wrong. After looking the gun over, I noticed that the inside top of the reciever had a spot that was shiny, like it had been ground down. It was not like this before I sent it back. It has never failed to fire 3.5" turkey loads since. All the shells that this happened with were with lead shot. I have since switched to Win Xtended range, and still have not had a problem. I don't know what, or if, Mossberg did anything, but it's working now.

duckaholic25

Polish your chamber and your problems will be over.

dvdegeorge

Did that so will see if it works just expensive  to see if it worked or not and if it is a temporary fix of permanent

dvdegeorge

Seems to have cured the problem worked like a champ fired 4 shells and smooth a silk ejection with great pattern  :z-guntootsmiley:

Reloader

Quote from: dvdegeorge on April 26, 2012, 07:40:33 PM
Seems to have cured the problem worked like a champ fired 4 shells and smooth a silk ejection with great pattern  :z-guntootsmiley:

Good to see you on here Dan.

Back when I hunted ducks and geese alot, I liked the patterns best from my 835 with steel 3.5s.  I would have to take a brass brush on a short rod chucked in the drill and hit the chamber with solvent every season to keep it going with 3.5s.  It still jams with some hulls, but keeping the chamber spotless allows it to run certain hulls just fine.

DirtNap647

i just bought a new 835 a couple weeks ago and it is doing this...you shoot and it is like the forearm is locked tight hit it on the ground and it works any one find a solution for this...?

bird

Quote from: MrB0000M on May 05, 2012, 01:15:52 PM
i just bought a new 835 a couple weeks ago and it is doing this...you shoot and it is like the forearm is locked tight hit it on the ground and it works any one find a solution for this...?

Yeah, get rid of it and buy a Remington 870SM  :funnyturkey:

captin_hook

mdtkyhntr

Happened with my 835 with a number of shell types. Never could get it fixed so I sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtNap647

i agree think its time to get rid of the 835 and go to a different gun...

surehuntsalot

have seen over 7 different 870's with the same problems
and can't count the 3.5" 1187's that I have seen jammed up trying to shoot 3.5" shells

not just a Mossberg problem at all
it's not the harvest,it's the chase