turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester XSP

Started by chipper, April 15, 2012, 07:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipper

Anyone shot it yet? Just wondering how they are shooting and holding up. I know they are pretty new to the Market but I've got a chance to buy one cheap , the fellow who owns it says it kicks to hard for him and don,t want, any info will be appreciated, it concerns me cause it is made in Turkey for some reason.

mightyjoeyoung

They aren't as "new" as you might think!  They are, for all intents and purposes it is nothing more than a Turkish made, cosmetically re-vamped Winchester 1300 with a different choke system.  I have handled them at my old store and found them to be well built with decent fit and finish.  They point very well and are priced right.  Why they haven't taken off in sales yet is beyond me. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

mcgruff1533

So let me get this straight... Winchester used to make guns in the USA, but moved production to Japan as a cost cutting measure.     Now they're being made in Turkey... what's next, Sri Lanka or perhaps North Korea?

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on April 15, 2012, 08:15:50 PM
So let me get this straight... Winchester used to make guns in the USA, but moved production to Japan as a cost cutting measure.     Now they're being made in Turkey... what's next, Sri Lanka or perhaps North Korea?

Don't know anything about Winchester shotguns being made in Japan.  You thinking of Browning perhaps?  So what if it's made in Turkey?  There are some seriously well made firearms comming out of there, the Winchesters being a prime example.  As long as they keep up on the QC, there shouldn't be any issues.  Guess where a bunch of Baretta/Benelli/Stoegers are made?  Yup...Turkey.

lmbhngr

Better than being made in China!!

cahaba

On the barrel of my Win SX3 says Made in Belgium.

mcgruff1533

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 15, 2012, 08:36:00 PM
Quote from: mcgruff1533 on April 15, 2012, 08:15:50 PM

Don't know anything about Winchester shotguns being made in Japan.  You thinking of Browning perhaps?  So what if it's made in Turkey?  There are some seriously well made firearms comming out of there, the Winchesters being a prime example.  As long as they keep up on the QC, there shouldn't be any issues.  Guess where a bunch of Baretta/Benelli/Stoegers are made?  Yup...Turkey.

I have a Winchester 101 field grade that says "Made in Japan" right on the barrel.

kcpanages

Winchester is a good line up, Period!!!!! I'm a Remington fan, I bleed green!!! But wins r dang good builds.

TrkyHntr

A friend of mine has one. Shoots awesome with a rhino choke and nitros.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

surehuntsalot

not very many guns left that are being made in the USA
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WildSpur

Should be a good gun.  I just hope they did away with the Speed Pump.

Cluck more, yelp less

Kates

I shouldered one last weekend.  It felt good and the price point was not bad as well.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: WildSpur on April 20, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

Why?  That is one of the features that MADE the 1300 what it was.

WildSpur

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 21, 2012, 11:56:26 AM
Quote from: WildSpur on April 20, 2012, 09:37:06 PM

Why?  That is one of the features that MADE the 1300 what it was.

I know, I know!

After growing up with a Mossberg and the rattling forend I tried my brothers 1300.  It was everything I wanted in a gun...the forend did not rattle and the fit/finish was great.  I was not used to shells ejecting themselves.  Just seemed un-natural.  In reality I am sure if the 1300 was my 1st gun I would be fine.

Cluck more, yelp less

TWOWITHONE

Knocked down quite a few gobblersd with that 1300 I love it. :firefighter: