only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First patterning with my new 535

Started by Ridgerunner7, April 12, 2012, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Quote from: noggin buster on April 13, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: whiskey on April 12, 2012, 10:49:14 PM
My 535 has the factory turkey choke and is shooting Hevi #7's in 3.5 very well out past 40. If you can find and afford them, I would recommend trying them. My gun won't shoot lead #5's worth a flip. I had several boxes of Winchester Supreme 3" #5's and I wanted them to pattern well, but the gun and 3 chokes just didn't like them much. I had to break down and go with the Hevi Shot.

The factory Mossy choke is LEAD ONLY careful shooting HTL using that choke
This. If anything happens when you shoot the hevi's through this choke, Mossberg will not be held liable.

whiskey

Quote from: chatterbox on April 14, 2012, 05:26:31 AM
Quote from: noggin buster on April 13, 2012, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: whiskey on April 12, 2012, 10:49:14 PM
My 535 has the factory turkey choke and is shooting Hevi #7's in 3.5 very well out past 40. If you can find and afford them, I would recommend trying them. My gun won't shoot lead #5's worth a flip. I had several boxes of Winchester Supreme 3" #5's and I wanted them to pattern well, but the gun and 3 chokes just didn't like them much. I had to break down and go with the Hevi Shot.

The factory Mossy choke is LEAD ONLY careful shooting HTL using that choke
This. If anything happens when you shoot the hevi's through this choke, Mossberg will not be held liable.

Thanks for the heads up. I thought that the ported x-factor tubes that weren't marked "lead only" we're ok for HTL. I will do some more research.

I just checked my choke again and it doesn't say "lead only". Gotta do some reading.