OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

got my limit , now its time for some flat-head activity

Started by Preacher, April 09, 2012, 12:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeedeerslayer

Have some fair flatheads around here but I would rather have a bucket full of slab crappie but I'm not picky!
US Army Vet

turkey slayer

Nick_The_Tinkerer

PLEASE PLEASE do not take pics of the cooked pile of fish and slaw and chips and ohhh GOD im HUNGRY!!!!

Neill_Prater

Robin, that is a dandy! Congratulations on your gobblers, and flathead. Neill

runngun

He is probably catching them with his bare hands!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

jakebird

Nice catty, Preacher. The flat heads just showed up in the Susquehanna river a few years ago, and we're already catching some near fifty pounds. (Okay, not me personally...but I've seen em!) LOL I'm just getting into them last couple years, what a blast. They're such a strong fish and aggressive. We use big live bluegills for bait. I have to admit when i stated keeping a few smaller fish in the 8-10 lb range for eating, I've never smelled such a foul smelling fish in my life! Hard to believe how great they cook up after you get the mess cleaned up. I was sure to get all that nasty slime off of the meat and wash them up real good, rinse and pat my fillets dry. Then we cut em in strips, batter and deep fry. Food fit for a king, right there!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Divenut2

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's some of the best eating catfish out there.  The pieces right next to the tail are in my opinion the best.  The only catfish I have ate that tasted as good or possibly better is willow catfish.