turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 question

Started by Fastcat, April 06, 2012, 08:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

A few days ago i posted a question asking about my 835s failure to extract.  Follow the advice gained here and my own hunch i went ahead and ordered a new set of extractors and springs. Both of which are backordered and will not arrive for some time.  Meanwhile i have been taking a closer look at why my gun fails to extract occasionally.  After running through many snap caps and cycling live rounds(in a safe environment) i have found that the only shells that fail to extract are fired shells.  So my question is is it normal for shotgun shells to expand and cause resistance during extraction? And will replacing the extractors and springs fix this issue or is something else going on?

Tom Foolery

Fired rounds expand and swell the brass.  If the chamber has any roughness it will stick.

I would lightly polish the chamber with kroil+scotchbrite, it fixed mine.

mossy835

A rough chamber just like a rifle can cause the issue you have. My Remington model 700 had a small dimple in the chamber the grabbed the brass and held on. The gunsmith  removed that and I never had another issue with thousands of reload rounds.