OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what sights do you use.

Started by VAHUNTER, February 25, 2011, 06:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: Ack on February 28, 2011, 04:38:54 AM
I shoot a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-it........probably the last sight I'll ever need to buy.

I have the same sight, 7pins, wrapped, the top 4 pins are .019 the bottom 3 are .010
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: FLAhotdog on March 02, 2011, 10:47:09 PM
Sword Twilight Hunter.....Great sight, but not the brightest from a dark ground blind

I've got this same setup but with the light.  I haven't tried it from a blind yet... just shooting in the back yard.  I really like the setup I got with the first 2 pins being larger than the bottom 3.  I was shooting a TruGlo that was bright, but the pins covered up my target beyond 30 yards. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

bowhunter84

bcc2011

spot hogg lifetime warranty and with the wrap those pins are extremely bright and best of all there micro ajustible,  with todays bows being designed micro sights seem like a must anymore.
Brother Custom Calls

Jbird22

Axcel Armortech made by TRU Ball....I have two sets (one HD and one non-HD) and I really like them both. They are not cheap but are well made sights for sure.

200racing

truglo extreme. it is so bright i wrapped tape aroung the outside to cover to elements for shooting 3d.
weatherby pa-08.undertaker choke.tru-glo tru bead.
win. hv #5 3in
rem. premeir mag. #6 3in

turkeys aren't hard to kill....they're hard to kill legally.

Florida Marine

John Copper Dead Nuts 2 with two pins removed and a hind sight...  Love/hate the hind sight.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.

-Ronald Reagan

BOFF

No sights, just instinctive.  ;)

God Bless,
David B.

GSLAM95

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 24, 2011, 03:40:29 PM
Axcel Armortech made by TRU Ball....

I agree,  have been using this sight since it was introduced and it is very bright, super quick micro adjustments and built like a tank!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

savedbygrace

Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin. Love them.

ryersonhill

I have both of my Z7's set up with Axion Edge 5-pin, I like what Dave has done at Axion with the elevation adjustment on the bracket, i am a 26"DL and if i tweak my arrows and poundage i can get about 277 fps so all my sights before were maxed out in the down position trying to get all i could for distance, so when i had a choice of which holes i wanted to use on the bracket it allows me to keep my pins centered in my sight ring, my camo Z7 that is set up for hunting i can still keep them centered in the ring, there are a lot of excellent sight choice out there with the new tech coming from the IQ sight with the bubble in the circle or the new sights coming out with the rings that if you can see the color you are torquing, we should see advances in site tech for a while to come.
Owner-Paramadness Bow Slings
Bowslings-Survival Bracelets-Binocular Slings
Custom Braiding Available-Online Store Available
Pending Maine State Record Eastern Turkey - Archery

bowhunter84

viper micro-tune. i love it!

Cooter

-}}}--------->

drenalinld

Montana Black Gold sights are bullet proof. I am shooting the Spott Hogg Hogg It Hunter with 7 0.010" pins. I added the light for blind shooting after struggling to see the pins on a gobbler last year. When hunting from a dark blind looking into the bright light, it's tough without a sight!

BOFF - I admire you and hope to leave the sights off one day and shoot instinctive.