News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thanks!

Started by DocHolliday, March 30, 2012, 03:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHolliday

Thanks for the new topic area!
Have put a lot of time/effort into the little 28 ga and in turning it into a turkey killer at all ranges. Shooting a 1 5/16 oz T9 load, I can put 250+ into 10" @ 40 yds.
Last year, using a 1 1/4 oz T9 I took my first bird w/ a 28! No gimmicks here!
Here's the rig.

Here's the bird!

Waddle Whacker

I'm lovin the SxS in MO Obsession, I need one. What kind is it? Beautiful bird as well.

DocHolliday

It's a CZ Bobwhite and at a hair over 5 1/2 lbs it is sweet!

Waddle Whacker

I bet, very nice. Is the T9, TSS 9's? How was your POI with each barrel? That always concerns me when considering a SxS.

DocHolliday

This is about the seventh double i've set up. SXS's are generally easier than O/U's to regulate. These guns have fiber optic rifle sights w/ windage and elevation adjustment. Usually can just set the left barrel for 40 yds and the right will be good at 20 on in. Shoot very tight far very open close. TSS 9's far and Hevi 9's close.
As to any argument that you cant keep them straight-I've been told so. Both my daughter (14)and my son (12) shoot doubles w/ loads as I described. Two weeks ago she killed a bird at 22 steps w/ Hevi 9's from a skeet choke. The boy killed his at 43 yds w/ Hevi 7's and a Turkey Full choke. So, if they can keep it together I think most can! Ha!

schuylkillspur

Awesome gun I have some 410 patterns I'm going to post.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

n2deer

Doc, I love that gun. I came very close to getting one after we had spoke. I ended up buying that little stoeger o/u. I know its not the quality of the cz, but I got it for a great price used. I plan to get it camoed up after season.

Im curious if you could get a picture of the sights you had put on. I was interested how they came out, I would have to find a good smith as I cant seem to locate one locally.