OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli SBE I Help???

Started by jonhaga, March 24, 2012, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonhaga

Hey guys I just acquired a SBE I and it has been drilled and tapped. I'm trying to determine if it was done correctly and if I was to try to use the gun with just the factory bead do I need to put screws back into the holes.  Any feedback is apprecited also any pics of a SBE drilled and tapped would be great.

nyhunter

Yes you should put screws back in the holes.

mightyjoeyoung

If you're just test firing it at the range you don't need to put the screw back in the receiver.  You might want to get a hold of some plugs but that should be all you'd need.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tomanyturkeycalls

was wondering what makes the differnce if the plugs are in or not????

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on March 24, 2012, 08:03:02 PM
was wondering what makes the differnce if the plugs are in or not????

Just easier to get crud in the action and possibly cause a malfunction is all. 

jonhaga

Ok so firing the gun without having the screws in won't cause any harm correct, reason I ask the screws in it block the line of sight once put back in without base

mightyjoeyoung

You'll be fine, but you might wana find some flush fit, filler screws for the holes just in case...

jonhaga

jasperjet

be sure and use some type of threadlocker on them

jonhaga

Shot this gun today...point of impact is 6-8 inches low...any suggestions on how to correct this?

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: jonhaga on March 25, 2012, 07:39:29 PM
Shot this gun today...point of impact is 6-8 inches low...any suggestions on how to correct this?

According to Benelli, that is outside of their specs for poi.  They are supposed to have a +/- 2" L-R and up to 6" high pattern.  Is the barrel TIGHT and do you happen to have any of the shims for the gun to adjust the fit? 

jonhaga

Barrel Tight? It has a truglo SSX in it which I believe is .643 Sims? I'm not fimilar with a Benelli at all

mightyjoeyoung

Sorry.  Is the barrel/magazine nut tight?  The shims are something that benelli makes to aid in getting proper drop and cast fit for different shooters.  You might be able to find them on Brownell's, Midway USA,  or even ebay.  It could even just be the choke and/or load you're shooting that is causing the poa/poi variation...

jonhaga

Mightyjoe thanks for the info again

jonhaga

Is anyone familiar with these shim kits  ???