News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

7's

Started by oldcreekhunter, March 23, 2012, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Frankinthelaurels

Still not buying it...place that turkey's head and neck over you pattern, how can you explain no hits in the blue area, the eye, the beak....it could happen BUT not at 35 yards.....really take a look at how localized the damage is.. I've seen this much damage including complete head removals but those where less than 10 yards and they looked exactly like this picture.  35 is a stretch and then some for this kind of damage.

bird

I can see Franks point and would have to agree with him. 5-10 yards yes, 35 yards no way!

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I agree that the turkey posted wasn't shot at 35 actual yards.  Not in a million years.  As good as my target I posted was at 40yds, it would not do that kind of damage at 35yds.  And I doubt very seriously if many guns are gonna pattern much better.  Not saying my gun is the best.  But just saying.  

Ruger M77

Looks like it was finished off at close range
I eat therefore I hunt

stinkpickle

Quote from: Ruger M77 on March 26, 2012, 06:31:43 PM
Looks like it was finished off at close range

He did the ol' Duck Commander Head Chomp!   :D

pcgobbler

All I know is no matter the range,  he was dead as a doornail!!

Clucknpur8

I was skeptical too! I have killed 2 so far this year with 7's, one about 38 the other a touch further. I didn't hit either with the center of my pattern. Both died just like their ancestors did with the 6's! They kill turkeys...end of story, end of game!

goblr77

I shot one at 30 yards this afternoon and it didn't look like that but he did have holes on both sides of his head. The shot didn't have any problems going all the way through. :OGturkeyhead:

Gobble!

Hard to believe 35 yards. The pattern below is 20 yards with 7s. I can see MAYBE 30 yards.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Myles,

That's a super nice gobbler there buddy! 

mcgruff1533

Quote from: oldcreekhunter on March 23, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
i see alot of guys on here like the hevi 7's. is that just because of the high pellet count? does 7's really have the ump to kill a big gobbler past 15-25 yards?

Yes... I use Hevi 7's because they really fill out the pattern nicely.    Also, yes... Hevi 7's pack more than enough oomph to roll a gobbler past 15-25 yards.     Truthfully, Hevi 7's probably pack enough pellet energy well past the 40 yard mark.

Clucknpur8

I was skeptical too! I have killed 2 so far this year with 7's, one about 38 the other a touch further. I didn't hit either with the center of my pattern. Both died just like their ancestors did with the 6's! They kill turkeys...end of story, end of game!

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 26, 2012, 10:39:03 PM
Myles,

That's a super nice gobbler there buddy! 

Thanks Brad.

Longshanks