OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 gauge youth patterns (7s, MBs, TSS)

Started by honker22, March 21, 2012, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker22

All shots were lasered 40 yards. Shooting, with aid of oak limb. Temp 59 degrees with 82% humidity. No wind
Shooting 21" bbl. Rem SF Choke - Hevi shot approved. All shells were 3" shells.
Sorry for the upside down pics. They were taken on my phone. Feedback is welcome.

HW 7s

Magblends

1 5/8 oz TSS 9s
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mossy835

honker22

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 21, 2012, 11:11:01 PM
No offense, but you dont sight or pattern Freehand. You need a solid rest or you cannot be sure that POI and POA are the same.

None Taken.  Had no choice.  Normally I do sight in, just like I'm turkey hunting.  Sitting with my back against the tree and gun on my knee.  Today I went behind my house, bc I live in a neighborhood, into a block of woods, and had one place in the woods where I could even see 40 yards.  There was no vise, no shooting chair, nothing... so I grabbed an oak limb as big as my arm, stood it up and used it to steady my shot. 

-But I see your point.  Technically it wasn't free-hand.  Didn't mean to mislead anyone.  All 3 shots were consistent. just a touch low.  So I think I am gonna be ok. 

honker22

Quote from:  link=topic=21614.msg238207#msg238207 date=1332403518
Dusty, can you also count the HWT and MagBlend 20"?

You've got a real nice hunting pattern with the Big20XL.

20" numbers:

HWT 7s- 129
MagBlends- 94

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 21, 2012, 11:11:01 PM
No offense, but you dont sight or pattern Freehand. You need a solid rest or you cannot be sure that POI and POA are the same.

No offense either - but when you pull down on a turkey you don't have a bench rest. I sight em in sitting in my gobbler lounger off my knee just like I shoot them in the hunt. Don't care what it does out of a vice if I am torquing it over when I shoot it freehand. I had rather sight in to my hold than to the leadsled's.

Daman