Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I have about $90. What sight should I get??

Started by joffutt1, March 18, 2012, 11:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joffutt1

Any suggestions? I see the Tru Glo Tru Brite but the words water resistant scar me. Any suggestions??

bird

Quote from: joffutt1 on March 18, 2012, 11:04:26 PM
Any suggestions? I see the Tru Glo Tru Brite but the words water resistant scar me. Any suggestions??

Save up some more money or borrow some and get a Fast Fire II or III.

bird

joffutt1

Quote from: bird on March 18, 2012, 11:08:47 PM

bird

Uh sorry but there is no chance I'm spending 200 plus on a shotgun sight.

WildSpur

Thats what I said.

I am on my 2nd red dot.  Its a FF2.

Cluck more, yelp less

paladin

Why not? People spend way more on camo, decoys, calls, gas, permits, license...ect
A one time purchase is nothing compared to these cost. If you want tight groups you got to have a good sight. fastfire is good. It is what I reccomend. I have sold two rigs with them on it.
"have gun-will travel"

hookedspur

Maybe you should get a set of Williams sights and save your money . BUT if you ever do break down and try a Fast-fire you wont be sorry even at $200 -$250
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Frankinthelaurels

Save or borrow $30 and get yourself one of the Nikon 1.65x5's for $119 from natchez...you'll never regret it and you'll never beat that price..plus they give you a $10 coupon good in the nikon store...even makes it better..

TREEDOG

Mueller Optical 1x22x 33mm Quick Shot. When I ask same question that what few people recommend and I have been very happy with it.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/mueller-optical-1x22x-33mm-quick-shot-waterproof-red-dot-scope.html

Hooks' n' Beards'

Quote from: joffutt1 on March 18, 2012, 11:20:54 PM
Quote from: bird on March 18, 2012, 11:08:47 PM

bird

Uh sorry but there is no chance I'm spending 200 plus on a shotgun sight.
Im gonna be honest,You might as well put a Good Scope or Sight on it the first time,Ive bought 4 Different scopes and Fiber optics to find the one i love the best,I Went with a Bushnell 1.75x4x32 with a Turkey reticle and A New fibre optic Dual bead sight for back up,Buy what you want but to get quality you do have to spend a little more,Good luck with whatever you pick,To be honest,i have killed more turkeys with Open fiber optic sights and prefer them.

cannonball

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

afoshie

Quick shot I have one on an 835 and shoot 3.5 hevi mag blends does great.

chatterbox

If you don't mind a tube style sight, this one works great, and can take the punishment dished out from mag turkey loads. Also comes with free shipping, I believe.
http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-1x28-trophy.html

Siwash

What do you guys think of the Redfield scopes?

For $175 they seem to be good value, made by Leopold in the USA.

http://www.redfield.com/riflescopes/

ctwny1

I agree with TREEDOG and FULLCHOKE about the Muellers