OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

disgusted!

Started by bayou country, March 17, 2012, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigthunderchicken

just try not to be so upset over it. it happens from time to time. whats even worse is when you get a bird committed and someone slips in between you and the bird and kills him. i myself have never shot one off the limb but i can definitely see where someone new to the sport would do it. you will get on another one and karma will get that guy.
Chase

hwy419

Quote from: TeocTom on March 18, 2012, 11:07:30 PM
I am busting my butt every year to kill my first turkey, and when I finally get to haul one out on my back you better believe that I will have earned it.

Same boat here. 4th year hunting almost every day of season. Still no bird. It's actually rather embarrassing. But I keep trying. I can get right in the middle of it all, but not even get the first sight of one at the end of my gun barrell. It's gonna feel great when I can carry one out. Heck maybe it'll be tomorrow...

rawalley

Quote from: hwy419 on March 19, 2012, 10:33:51 PM
I am busting my butt every year to kill my first turkey, and when I finally get to haul one out on my back you better believe that I will have earned it.

Same boat here. 4th year hunting almost every day of season. Still no bird. It's actually rather embarrassing. But I keep trying. I can get right in the middle of it all, but not even get the first sight of one at the end of my gun barrell. It's gonna feel great when I can carry one out. Heck maybe it'll be tomorrow...
You guys keep it up one day it will seem "easy" with everything you've learned during the tough years.
STAY HOME!

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: hwy419 on March 19, 2012, 10:33:51 PM

This is what makes turkey hunting turkey hunting.....anyone can go buy a butter ball but it takes time, skill, and patience and a little bit of luck to bag an old gobbler!  Its about winning the battle with that old bird.....and most times I walk away beat down!!  BOY DO I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you dear Lord for letting me experience it!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens