OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBEII Shooting High

Started by agturkey, March 17, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Have bought another SBEII but this one is shooting high.  Gun not drilled and tapped any suggestions on what to do?  My first guess is go Burris Speedbead.  Willams does not make an adjustable for SBEII...so that option is out.

yelpy

I love my Speedbead.

If you are interested in the Williams get the universal sight.They are adjustable I had them on mine and they are OK but I found that if you are in a blind or set up under a heavily shaded tree in low light it is hard to see the sights.

nyhunter

My SBEII shot high also, I put a burris speed bead on it and I love it.

tomanyturkeycalls

I have williams universal firesights on my sbe 2 ... they work well.. I have had no problem seeing them .. I thought they lit up well even in a blind...

beagler

I thought all the newer SBE 2's were drilled/tapped?
Never Misses

vaturkey

Quote from: beagler on March 17, 2012, 07:22:43 PM

So did I !  My SBE2 is 6 yrs old & it's drilled & tapped .
Vaturkey

Dbrnmllr

Quote from: beagler on March 17, 2012, 07:22:43 PM

I thought all SBEII's were drilled and tapped???  Hmmmm.

agturkey

New to me...bought it used spur of the moment deal...guy said it shot high and was tired of it but I got a great deal...said it has been back to Benelli 3 times....I knew I would have to do some work to it but my tricks did not work for bead shooting so I bought a speedbead today from cheaper than dirt...be here on Wed....be shooting it next Saturday.

Perry296

My sbe2 shot high and I had a gun smith put the barrel in a jig and he bent it and it fixed it. The gun Smith said that he had done that to several sbe2

sbe2#

Mine also shoots high as it is designed to do so. The rib is taller in the back and tapers downhill to the front sight. I actually prefer it that way I can put the bead at the base of a gobblers neck and never lose sight of his head. I also agree with the above post that the reason for the design is for wingshooting. At 40 yards mine shoots about 6-7 inches high of POA and it's also drilled and tapped

rebelman

Mine is high too. i aim at the turkeys beard and it is game over.

budtripp

Mine shot pretty high, even higher with my turkey choke in it. I shoot it great that way on flying game/clays, so didn't want to bend the barrel or change shims etc. So I just put some adjustable truglo fiber optic sights on the rib, sighted it in with target loads and woila, problem solved. Just got to take them off after turkey season and I got the best of both worlds.

reynolds243

HAHAH WRONG BOARD! IS THIS A PATTERN PICTURE? IF NOT WHY IS IT IN THE PATTERN PICTURE BOARD????