turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Name your turkeys?

Started by northms, March 14, 2012, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Well as the 2012 season starts up I have an old friend from last year that I have some unfinished business with.  A bird that I didn't kill last year after numerous encounters.  As smart and wily as they come and with a suspicious disposition.

I've named him "ol' tubby" because one day he was gobbling on a limb and flew out to the end of the limb almost snapped it off because he was so fat and the limb not so big.  His big butt was bobbing up and down on the end of that oak tree limb.

Hoping to have an encounter with "ol tubby".  

Any other birds yall have named in the past or present?

redarrow

Kamski and I named one " Lightbulb" You could see his head shining from miles away. We never did get that sucka.

dirt road ninja

"Last Chance Charlie"

That's the one that gets away the last weekend of every season.

YELPA

Hunting "Lucky, too" in the morning.  His spurs are big, he's mean and he's "Lucky, too".

SWAMPFOX

a slick old joker that rules small area in swamp that goes by ''groucho''

MouthCaller

Ive only named one bird that I had missed and I think that would be the only reason I would name one unless he has some interesting feature like others have seen with ol tubby and lightbulb. (I got Ted a week later fyi :D)

renegade19

"Lone Ranger".  He gave me the slip several times last year.  I scouted him last week.  He's still home.

kamski1151

I've named alot of Turkeys, most I can't say on the site.Like Red said we named one light bulb for his 100 watt head. I named one Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top cause he had a beard that almost touched the ground.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

mrlongbeard

I name most of the turkeys preseason that i scout. last year named one wimpy because he ran away from all other gobblers he encountered, he kinda walked funny when near them, almost sideways. turns out he was completely blind in one eye. my buddy killed him and his eye was yellow, like a kernel of corn. named another big boy that has given us the slip the past 2 seasons, The General. then there is Lucky, Whispy,Splitfan, Boomer and Squeaky

guesswho

I have known many.  Two Rocks, Little Dot, Gilligan, No Show, and Radar just to name a few.  Most eventually died of lead poisoning.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

runngun

I can't say them on here!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Pickle

I chased one all year last year, the closest he got to me was 70 yards.  He earned the name "Slick Willy."  He's still around. Hoping to put the hammer on him opening day.

Roostem33

We have one on a small piece of property that we call "Fencepost" he always comes to the field and will sit on the fence for 45 minutes and survey the situation. I hope he is still there this year!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Houdini, Problem Child, the Ole gee.

These turkeys will live in my mind until I pass.  They are legacies.

sippy cup

Slick, hard head  those are the most memorable :newmascot:
beware of longdale legend