OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Archery vs Shotgun

Started by agturkey, March 09, 2012, 10:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

I try to do 30 yards and less on turkeys with bow.  What ranges do you shoot turkeys with bow?

gobbler777

all of my archery kills have been 10 - 15 yards. Its a function of decoy placement for me.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

30_06

All of mine have been less than 30 yards.

jblackburn

I'm still pretty new to archery turkey hunting, but I don't think I would shoot past 20. My only bird by bow was at 8 yards.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

DirtNap647

30 and in closer the better

Hayudog

I try to shoot between 10 and 15 yards.  As stated above its about the decoy placement.  They are tough to put down straight.  Used the large Rage 2 blade expandables for the last two years, going with a Magnus Bullhead set-up this year.  Tired of chasing them.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

jblackburn

Quote from: Hayudog on March 10, 2012, 05:38:15 PM
I try to shoot between 10 and 15 yards.  As stated above its about the decoy placement.  They are tough to put down straight.  Used the large Rage 2 blade expandables for the last two years, going with a Magnus Bullhead set-up this year.  Tired of chasing them.

My only bow bird was with a bullhead last year.  Nearly decapitated him, they do not go anywhere when their head is all but gone.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

K9Doc

I have not found any arrow/broadhead combo's that patterned well out of my Benelli!!! :fud: :OGani:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.