turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

google earth

Started by longspur, March 10, 2012, 05:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

anybody know much about google earth. I get broken images with black shapes.

Crappiepro

I was on yesterday, looking at piece of property. It worked fine for me.

Crappiepro

I just checked it again and its working fine. Its alittle out dated LOL. Everything is green.

rrhunter

Try Bing maps.....much better quality
COME MARCH 15th.....HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!!!!

Neill_Prater

The quality varies substantially depending upon when the pictures were taken. In general, the older they are, the less detail. It will give you the date taken as you move the mouse across the screen.

hwy419

Google Earth :you_rock:

Being a computer tech I have a lot of experience with software. Here in AL the state issues Wildlife Management Area maps on PDF for download with a very nice and thick RED property border. Without going into a whole lot of detail, I can open it in photoshop and with some advanced procedures, export out a "scale and transparent" property border which I can then import into Google Earth as an overlay image.

With a little tweaking, I can get the image overlayed onto the property and see it in a perspective like I assume no one else can. It really helps me scout 40,000 acres rather quickly. I spend a lot of time in Google Earth studying properties like this. Maybe I can issue a video tutorial soon... I'll post it here if I do...

ghillie

Even better is to go to the Ducks Unlimited web site and then navigate to the Migration Update...

EXCELLENT satalite/hybrid views as well as the 'birds eye view'...more recent update of pics...

check it out    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Gamblinman

Quote from: ghillie on March 11, 2012, 01:19:21 PM
Even better is to go to the Ducks Unlimited web site and then navigate to the Migration Update...

EXCELLENT satalite/hybrid views as well as the 'birds eye view'...more recent update of pics...

check it out    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Here a link to the DU Maps:

http://www.ducks.org/migrationmap/?poe=migrationHQ

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

longspur

thanks guys. Both of those maps work much better.

mrlongbeard

DU maps are way more up to date. they are sweet. thanks for the info