Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

870 SM, 23" barrel, 3.5 Hevi 7's, JH .660

Started by FttFttVroom!, March 10, 2012, 05:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

Only round I have found that will outperform Winchester XRHD 6's in my gun.
Shot this pattern with  3.5-2.25-7 out of a .660 Jellyhead at a taped 40 yds.
Temp was 63 degrees and slight breeze.  I pulled it just a touch to the right.

MS Hntr

cannonball

hunter-b

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

FttFttVroom!

Don't recall where I read earlier about a guy and his hevi 7's not going through cardboard at 40 yds....but not only did the 7's go through the carboard for me, but into the wooden 2x4 stand about 3/8" of an inch.  I had previously patterned hevi 6's, lead 6's, and lead 5's on the same stand.  The 7's penetrated as deep as the lead 5's and nearly as deep as the hevi 6's.

Needless to say, 40 yds and in....I won't feel undergunned with the 7's :fud:

Ontgunner

"Early bird get's the worm but the second mouse get's the cheese"

GOLD HUNTER

gophert

These are the exact numbers I get with the exact setup and load.  Turkey's don't stand a chance!!!

The cool thing is that mine puts another 200+ in the 20" ring. 

:z-winnersmiley:

goblr77

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on March 11, 2012, 07:45:22 PM
Don't recall where I read earlier about a guy and his hevi 7's not going through cardboard at 40 yds....but not only did the 7's go through the carboard for me, but into the wooden 2x4 stand about 3/8" of an inch.  I had previously patterned hevi 6's, lead 6's, and lead 5's on the same stand.  The 7's penetrated as deep as the lead 5's and nearly as deep as the hevi 6's.

Needless to say, 40 yds and in....I won't feel undergunned with the 7's :fud:

I haven't had a cardboard penetration problem with the 7's either. I've had them go through cardboard and bury into plywood at 40 yards. Nice pattern BTW.

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:  great lookin pattern. Just curious what did you get with the xtend rang in a 10" circle?

FttFttVroom!

My best with extended range was a .665 Kicks GT....179 hits