turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Browning Gold- choke help for a buddy

Started by mcgruff1533, March 10, 2012, 06:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgruff1533

My buddy is new to Turkey hunting and wants to use his Browning Gold semi-auto this year.    All he has right now is a full choke that is only rated for lead shot.   

From what I understand, the Browning Gold series guns are backbored and use the Invector Plus choke system.   Does anyone have any experience setting up one of these shotguns?   My buddy is undecided if he wants to use lead or HTL, but the choke should be capable of shooting either.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I used to own one in 3.5".  I used lead back then.  I was using a Comp-n-Choke .675 and it shot very well.  I even shot some Rem Hevi-Shot loads thorugh it which probably wan't recommended, but it shot very good patterns.  But any choke around .670 to .675 should work.  Try Indian Creek or Pure Gold.  Or you might even want to try a Colonial Arms xtra full turkey choke which is supposed to be like the Star Dots that was said to shoot very well in the Invector Plus choke barrels.  I would recommend Hevi-13 #7 loads for a great place to start or Hevi-13 #6 loads. 

mcgruff1533

joker

It would be hard to beat a pure gold .670.

SKFOOTER

Squirrel Hunter

VaTuRkStOmPeR

.675 Indian creek
.670 rhino
.670 jellyhead

With hevi13 2.25 ounce 6s he should be well into the 220s without a polished bore.

hunttherut

I have a Jellyhead on mine and it shoots very well.

Ctomp1974

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 10, 2012, 06:42:49 PM
.675 Indian creek
.670 rhino
.670 jellyhead

With hevi13 2.25 ounce 6s he should be well into the 220s without a polished bore.

.670 rhino for sale in classified section.

Clint

runngun

Pure gold 670 with Hevi 7s he will be in business.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Gold Spur

I use a Indian Creek BDS .665 in mine. I get awesome patterns with H-13 6's and 7's. The Winchester HV 6's do great also.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

crenshawco

Rhino .670 and Nitro H510C's throw good numbers in mine

mcgruff1533

Thanks to all who posted... I will pass along this info to my buddy.