turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Williams Firesights VS. Truglow Gobble Dot Pro Series

Started by st8tman, March 10, 2012, 02:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st8tman

I am in the final stages of putting my son's 1187 (20ga.) Youth together. I have narrowed my sight choices down to these two sights. Just wondering what experience has been for members with these sights and which one should I choose and why??? Thanks in advance for your time.

Woodsman4God

I just asked a similar question and if I were to go with the tru glo it would be the Pro magnum series based on everything I saw out of the tru glo line it mounted the most securely, ( thanks Otis for the pics), however I wanted a ghost ring on the rear sight and I couldnt find out if the pro magnum had one or not so I went with the williams fire sights which I was able to get a ghost ring to add to the universal slugger and come out about the same price. Both look top notch and I bet both work well, I will let you know more when I get my rig set up with the williams stuff

st8tman

Thanks for the reply...what and where did you acquire the ghost ring for the williams firesights. Thinking this may be a good option for my son. Anyone else have ideas/thoughts???

Trevor2

Just put the universal slugger on my dads 870 and the gf h&r pardner. Nice sights.
Strutstopper

Woodsman4God

Quote from: st8tman on March 10, 2012, 02:01:36 PM
Thanks for the reply...what and where did you acquire the ghost ring for the williams firesights. Thinking this may be a good option for my son. Anyone else have ideas/thoughts???

go to williamsgunsight.com and pick up the universal slugger sights from the shotgun section then from the main page click on rifle sights , then on reciever sights wgrs series, at the top of the page will be a ghost ring, click on it then it will take you to the bottom of the list and its the second one from the bottom.

st8tman

Thanks.....I think this may be a good bet for me, as my son plays a gazillion video games and always uses a ghost ring on his "cyber guns"! Guess those games do have some redeeming qualities. Thanks again for your time.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: st8tman on March 11, 2012, 10:01:02 AM
Thanks.....I think this may be a good bet for me, as my son plays a gazillion video games and always uses a ghost ring on his "cyber guns"! Guess those games do have some redeeming qualities. Thanks again for your time.

No problem, thats what makes this site great, I have gotten a ton of help on all kinds of subjects, just glad I can pass on what little knowledge I have acquired