Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Your opinion on Comp-n-Choke tubes for Mossberg 835 12 ga

Started by Nick_The_Tinkerer, March 09, 2012, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_The_Tinkerer

as the title suggests am looking at a .670 constriction comp n choke what is your experience any opinions etc.

Thanks

Nick

BrowningGuy88

never shot one in the 835 I had, but I have shot them in a Winny 1300 and Rem 870. IMO when I shot them, the best lead chokes on the market. Winchester XX Mag's in 4,5, and 6 shot shot wonderfully out of the chokes.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Thanks for the POSITIVE NEWS Im hoping for great lead pattern in #6 3.5" 2oz shells

Rockhound

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on March 09, 2012, 01:02:08 PM
Thanks for the POSITIVE NEWS Im hoping for great lead pattern in #6 3.5" 2oz shells

Let me know how it does please

R AJ

Charlie Boswell doe snot recommend his chokes for HTL except for Win HD.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Wycliff

I have a gobbling thunder in one of my 835s and it patterns lead great. It is made by Kicks which is the same people who make comp n choke. And if you don't like it he will let you swap it until you do.

Philippe

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on March 09, 2012, 01:02:08 PM

The Pure Gold .670 with those shells is killer.

twild

I have three of them for my 835. The xxfull did ok, the xxxfull was ok also. Then I tried their Card Tube, it's .655 . It shoots winchester supreme 3.5 4's like a dream. It shouldn't work it's to tight but it does. A friend then tried it in his 835 also and worked great in his gun also. It doesnt like 5's or 6's but loves the 4's.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

I want to shoot #6 shot so Im hoping that xxxfull is the one