OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

camoflauge or leafy camo...?

Started by DirtNap647, March 09, 2012, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleburne

Love my MO Diffusion suit. Need to get another one, for the one that I have has just about had it.

DirtNap647

have any of you guys ever seen or tried the sneaky leaves seems cheaper but i dont know how they would hold up...?

redleg06

Quote from: 2ounce6s on March 09, 2012, 09:20:19 AM
Either one will work fine. Just sit still and not out in the wide open. I use a meshed lined leafy suit mainly for a cover suit for after work hunts because I can just pull it on over my work clothes. Normally I don't bother with it and wear regular camo. I like cool camo that blends in but regular old green woodland works just fine as long as you don't get caught moving.

Completely agree.

I usually buy camo based on comfort and functionality and just make sure I set up good and stay still. I dont mind the leafy stuff but do feel like it's a little harder to move around in without getting tangled.For a long time, old school army green camo was all I used and It seemed to work fine and probably still would.

30_06

I prefer the ASAT leafy suit...just seems like I have more and closer encounters with it on. I drew back and shot my last bird with the leafy suit on, distance of 20 yards on a field edge with nothing in between me and the bird.
Might all be in my head though.

GOLD HUNTER

YEP I love that sneaky leaves !!!  :icon_thumright:

sippy cup

Golly brain that's a whole lot of ugly
beware of longdale legend

HOOKS1

It depends on the cover and terrain on what type  of camo I wear. In the pine control burns it's Mossyoak Breakup. In the mixed pine hardwoods I wear a mix of Realtree AP, Realtree Hardwoods and Natural Gear, and if it is fairly open I may add some Sneaky Leaf. In very open areas (grass lands) I may have on Max4, MO Brush or Treestand, or Nat Gear in combination or ASAT Vanish Pro.
'
The main thing is to be still. In the old days I just hunted in khaki, corduroy, or army fatigues in a brown, green or grey mix and it worked just fine.

My next camo purchased will be  some Optifade, in both versions. Can you tell I love me some camo? LOL.

TURKEYWHACKER

I have a Leafy Bug Tamer for when the skeeters are unbearable and a regular leafy suit for other times. I believe the nature of the 3D effect helps hide me better and if I could ressurrect some gobblers back from the dead I'd ask their opinion also. :gobble:

bow junkie

Quote from: Cleburne on March 09, 2012, 06:56:32 PM
Love my MO Diffusion suit. Need to get another one, for the one that I have has just about had it.

X2.....Mine is faded to the point where I can blend in in the clouds. I may try an dye it. But all in all, awesome suit.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

tha bugman

I have both and use both..both with good results....I use the leafy on warm days or quick hunts after work and my regular all other times.

Turkeyman

Anytime I've had a bird get within tramping distance of me I had a leafy suit on. Another very big reason was a full headnet...no eye holes.

Turkey Havoc

Definately some type of leafy camo adds some 3D effect. I have had hens come within 5 feet of me and not spook. I won't let the gobblers get that close though ;D
Stephen H Spraberry