OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The World's Largest Standing Army?

Started by Richard, February 22, 2011, 06:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

thats good to know... now how many of them turkey hunt?

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Crutch on February 22, 2011, 10:06:32 PM
Wasn't it the Japanese emporer that said he wouldn't think of invading America because there was a gun behind every bush.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: dodger on February 24, 2011, 09:06:50 PM
thats good to know... now how many of them turkey hunt?
The latest estimate thrown out there that I have heard  is 2.6 million turkey hunters - but that is open for debate -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

yellowacorns

" I pledge to defend the wild turkey to the bitter end"
Yellowacorn

:z-guntootsmiley:

woodchip

Hate to be negative, but if we are ever invaded and it falls on civilian hands to oust the invaders we are in major trouble.  Even I have some "emergency rifles and ammo, but think about it.  It's not going to be man to man.  If China invaded and got a foothold your going to have tanks and armored vehicles rolling into your neighborhood. Shooting a few soldiers with a deer rifle will only draw fire that will totally destroy the house and occupants (your family) are hiding in.  Sorry but if the military can't stop them, the citizens will do nothing to get rid of them.  They may try but it will be futile   

Gobbling Buck

I hate to tell everyone this.....but America has already been invaded.  You have ILLEGAL border crossings (the government does nothing), if an ILLEGAL commits a crime they are simply shipped back to hop the border again to a different location.  Our children are being shaped and molded to accept anything that comes at them and if they resist, they are not PC or can be charged with A HATE CRIME for bullying, etc.  Our second amendment right is constantly being targeted.  They've started to price ammo too high to afford buying in bulk, because they've so far failed to achieve total gun control.  The family structure has been breaking down for many years now, and is currently under attack so everyone can be inclusive with domestic partnerships, same sex marriage, etc.  This land in which we live is truely a great nation, but it is being run by the loudest of minority groups..........INSTEAD OF GOD FEARING AMERICANS.  America needs to wake up and the good people need to take back control and boot the money hungry politicians out of their current comfortable lives of power.  The list goes on and on of the perversions that take place and have become the accepted norm in this country.......if you can't tell, this is a subject that gets me a bit riled up.  I took an oath to defend this country against all enemies both foreign and domestic and I fully see how the enemy is attacking this country from within......UNITED WE STAND....DIVIDED WE FALL.  How many divisive grouPs are in this country RIGHT NOW. >:(

TnTurk

Quote from: Gobbling Buck on February 25, 2011, 12:44:23 PM
I hate to tell everyone this.....but America has already been invaded.  You have ILLEGAL border crossings (the government does nothing), if an ILLEGAL commits a crime they are simply shipped back to hop the border again to a different location.  Our children are being shaped and molded to accept anything that comes at them and if they resist, they are not PC or can be charged with A HATE CRIME for bullying, etc.  Our second amendment right is constantly being targeted.  They've started to price ammo too high to afford buying in bulk, because they've so far failed to achieve total gun control.  The family structure has been breaking down for many years now, and is currently under attack so everyone can be inclusive with domestic partnerships, same sex marriage, etc.  This land in which we live is truely a great nation, but it is being run by the loudest of minority groups..........INSTEAD OF GOD FEARING AMERICANS.  America needs to wake up and the good people need to take back control and boot the money hungry politicians out of their current comfortable lives of power.  The list goes on and on of the perversions that take place and have become the accepted norm in this country.......if you can't tell, this is a subject that gets me a bit riled up.  I took an oath to defend this country against all enemies both foreign and domestic and I fully see how the enemy is attacking this country from within......UNITED WE STAND....DIVIDED WE FALL.  How many divisive grouPs are in this country RIGHT NOW. >:(
Sir, I believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head with that one.