turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New arrival

Started by jakebird, March 02, 2012, 06:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

Hi. Let me take a moment to introduce myself. U can call me the jakebird, its an old family nickname my Grandad coined when i was spur high to a short turkey. As u probably guessed, I'm an addict of sorts. There's just somethin about spring mornings, 4am wake ups, and a gobbler rockin his stuff in your face and personal that has me hooked. I live and hunt in sc Pennsylvania, and we're blessed to be livin in the golden age of crazy high turkey populations. I've been chasin turkeys since I could walk, and I'm 35. I'm also a dedicated deer hunter, primarily archery, and i dabble in bear and small game when time permits. I do a fair amount of fishin, too...mostly trout, striped bass, and catfish. My wife and four kiddos support my habits or atleast tolerate them! My little man shot his first turkey last spring at the ripe old age of seven. I'm no newb to the internet, and I've been or am on a few other boards, so maybe some of ya already know me a little. Seems like a good board here. Thanx for the welcome!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

JVA54

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

cannonball

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

longspur

turkey slayer

twinters

:wagon:  congratulations to your son killing his first turkey

FttFttVroom!

joshb311

MossbergMike

bornagain64

Welcome. There is a lot of good info and people on here.
Enjoy and check everything out.

John

boomer