OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

found a surprise in my shed!!! HELP!!!!

Started by bigthunderchicken, February 27, 2012, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigthunderchicken

i found four baby squirrels in a box. i really dont want them to die. i called the conservation dept. and they gave me some numbers that dont work. what should i do?
Chase

Cutt

If you don't want them to die, just leave them there? Obviously the Mother must of been nesting them there and willreturn if you don't bother them?

Trax

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: Cutt on February 27, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
If you don't want them to die, just leave them there? Obviously the Mother must of been nesting them there and willreturn if you don't bother them?
This is what I would do.... won't take to long they will be out of there :icon_thumright:

redarrow

hoyt

I've had many for pets and they do make good pets. When I was a kid I had one that would follow me around outside like a dog. I'd let him outside before I went to school and call him down from the trees when I got home.

However, they are real hard to keep alive before they are weened. You have to buy a special milk type formula from a pet store and feed them about every 3-1/2hrs around the clock. Best bet is to leave them where they were.

This is my last one. I let them go when they get big enough and have it set-up where they can come back home when they want.

Click on thumbnails for full size.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

bigthunderchicken

couldnt just let them be i found them while destroying their nest(not knowing it was a nest). i actually would have loved to keep them but seeing as i have a one year old not really enough time. its ok though i found a squirrel rehab. who knew they had those?
Chase

JELLYHEAD

Quote from: bigthunderchicken on February 27, 2012, 08:28:22 PM
couldnt just let them be i found them while destroying their nest(not knowing it was a nest). i actually would have loved to keep them but seeing as i have a one year old not really enough time. its ok though i found a squirrel rehab. who knew they had those?
:icon_thumright: Thats a trip!

mason0366

I found one years ago while squirel hunting. At the base of tree. Brought it home and feed it with a dropper. For a couple days. A cat I had kittens. I feeding it and she jumped up on my lap. Started cleaning. So I put in the box with kittens. She would let it nurse. So Just I let her feed it. I agraid she would kill it. She just took it like it was hers. I have pictures somewhete.

BP1992

Just leave them there.  You really need help figuring that out???  You're right, you do need help.

archery1

Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on February 27, 2012, 06:15:11 PM
Quote from: Cutt on February 27, 2012, 05:28:57 PM
This is what I would do.... won't take to long they will be out of there :icon_thumright:
Take a kid hunting

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: BP1992 on February 28, 2012, 01:58:28 AM
Just leave them there.  You really need help figuring that out???  You're right, you do need help.

I hope you were joking when you made that post.  If so, you might want to use one of the little yellow smiley things available.  If not, you might want to consider if this forum is really for you.  This isn't one of those forums where flaming good folks for asking honest questions is welcome.  Just a friendly word of advice...

Have a good day.  :icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

bigthunderchicken

didnt see the post where i accidently destroyed the nest uh?
Chase

Garrett Trentham

They sure are cute for being so tasty!

I'd just leave them be, not like there isn't another thirty in your back yard ready to replace them.

"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org